Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers pack

Options
  • 02-09-2005 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

I got my freshers pack thing today :) I've yet to read it properly, though. Got my computer info, too -- does that mean I'm able to register online now? I should read it properly, cos I still don't know which day I have to go in, lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I've just finished registering. F***in History clashes with Comp Sci. so I can't do it as a major.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yeah it's annoying, nothing that i'd like to study fits in my timetable :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

i didnt get any pack ,what's all this about now? i got my computer login and all that but no frshers pack for me...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

they were posted separately so it will prob come monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I logged in! :D Got an email address, too, woot. I read in some thread that your email address is firstname.secondname@ucd.ie, but mine appears to be mycomputerusername@ucd.ie ... anyone know about this?

• Advertisement

staff and postgrads get firstname.lastname@ucd.ie

Students used to get login@student.ucd.ie which they could change to firstname.lastname#@student.ucd.ie where # was a number.

This year they can change to firstname.lastname.#@ucdconnect.ie

They're moving to a new mail system for students this year. No more POP access. All done thru UCD connect.

(Which I have to say is working and looking good these days. Ah I remember the days of win 3.1 and L: drives in ucd. Back when I had to walk 20 miles in the snow.... etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So how do I change to the other email? Thanks!

DaveMcG wrote:
    So how do I change to the other email? Thanks!

http://www.ucd.ie/computing/itucd/email/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I never got a freshers pack last year (they did remember to send my giro though, feckers).

I ended up having to steal a student handbook from the administration office some time in october.

Advertisement