Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to the Sex & Sexuality Forum is given to SMods, CMods, Mods and Subscribers

Options
  • 02-09-2005 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

Stickied so we don't need a thread on this every 3 days.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

We don't need this as a sticky still do we?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Not IMO. I don't think anyone reads it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is good to have to refer posters to when they get stroppy via pm about acess to S&S.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gordon wrote: »
    We don't need this as a sticky still do we?

What about all those noobz who have just signed up? Or haven't even joined boards yet?
    You're right though Gordie, why should we care about future noobz, they should all be kicked into touch as soon as they cross over the door step!
    How dare they enter our sacred place, let's blind them with confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

us hmods of low traffic fora spurned again :(

*Vegeta pats home made bomb, whispering "We'll get them, we'll get them all"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Saucer of milk, table 6

azezil wrote: »
    Saucer of milk, table 6

Ah I was only joking but I do like milk so if there's a saucer going :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Vegeta wrote: »
    us hmods of low traffic fora spurned again

All we ask is that you know your place.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    All we ask is that you know your place.

quality

I can picture the t-shirts now "HMods, know your place"

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Why do people want to access that forum anyway? So they can proclaim to the world that they are gay and still not proclaim it?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Why do people want to access that forum anyway? So they can proclaim to the world that they are gay and still not proclaim it?

Whats being gay got to do with it?

Go on. Sign up and see what freaky things we do there.

What about all those noobz who have just signed up? Or haven't even joined boards yet?
    You're right though Gordie, why should we care about future noobz, they should all be kicked into touch as soon as they cross over the door step!
    Am just trying to remove the unneeded stickies on this forum as on many computers I always have to scroll down to get to the meat and potatoes of the fight da powa threads here on Feedback.

Can re-stick this. My reasoning to let it go into the ether was that I was not sure how much this thread has helped diverting newbs to the facts behind the S&S forum. I seem to recall that there were a load of people asking about the forum when this thread was put up and for some time afterwards. I just get the feeling that the existance of this thread may not make that much of a difference.

But I could be completely wrong, maybe this thread has helped people that didn't know about the S&S forum.

I get between 2 to 5 requests every week about the S&S forum and I send them here so that they can see it is offical boards policy and me not looking for favours or being a bitch or looking for pictures of tits to let them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Gordon: I don't know if this sticky is needed, but judging from the number of views, its definitely one of the more widely read ones.

I like the cut of your jip. New people and or change is the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Create a new "Why can't I access X forum?" in Newbies & FAQ - that covers this, Soccer, and any others?
    It'd be ignored in a more fitting place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It is good to have to refer posters to when they get stroppy via pm about acess to S&S.

Whoops, just found this after I pm'd Thedyedal asking about how come I can't access it, I feel like a right asshole now! I wasn't stroppy, but I still feel like a prat! Sorry about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Didn't ecksor say he'd give access to anyone who could prove they were over 18 after I wrote the above anyway?

We just need to update it to tell people to go to ecksor instead of the S&S mods :)

orestes wrote: »
    Whoops, just found this after I pm'd Thedyedal asking about how come I can't access it, I feel like a right asshole now! I wasn't stroppy, but I still feel like a prat! Sorry about that!

Ah you weren't stroppy at all, it was a civil request for information.

OK, so it's obviously helpful! Would pointing people to the wiki page be better, or is feedback a better place to point people to?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gordon wrote: »
    OK, so it's obviously helpful! Would pointing people to the wiki page be better, or is feedback a better place to point people to?

I'd say point them to the wiki. It has a lot of info about the forum like what is acceptable and the like plus it reduces the amount of stickies here.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I get between 2 to 5 requests every week about the S&S forum and I send them here so that they can see it is offical boards policy and me not looking for favours or being a bitch or looking for pictures of tits to let them in.
    You know I very, very rarely get any requests for access ever. In fact I can probably count on one hand the amount of people who've PM'd me about S&S.

How weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Talliesin wrote: »
    Didn't ecksor say he'd give access to anyone who could prove they were over 18 after I wrote the above anyway?

We just need to update it to tell people to go to ecksor instead of the S&S mods :)

If you can get me his email address, work email, work address, home address, real name, pps number, bank statement, a picture of him in the nude, house keys, home/work/mobile number and a brief description of his daily routine I will happily ask for what ever it is I started typing for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Vegeta wrote: »
    quality

I can picture the t-shirts now "HMods, know your place"

lol :D

hmodsknowyourplace2ph3.jpg

Dare you to wear it to the next beers.

Can the forum access failed notice be modified to contain a link to the Wiki, or is that a site wide note?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jor el wrote: »
    Can the forum access failed notice be modified to contain a link to the Wiki, or is that a site wide note?

I'm pretty sure it's a generic message that you get when you try to acces a forum that you don't have permissions to access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

So how do you become a subscriber then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I cast scorching ray!

I love the fact that so far this thread has not actually written out why exactly the S&S is blocked to the common man.

And what the hell is an H-Mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I love the fact that so far this thread has not actually written out why exactly the S&S is blocked to the common man.
    so we'll subscribe and see ;)
    their evil mod conspiracy is that we get so bored with the free access to free sex related stuff online that we give them money and they let us in to the shadowy s and s forum.
    Mod Conspiracy!!!!!
    :D
    i love it, its the best plan ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Overheal wrote: »
    And what the hell is an H-Mod?
    "hosted" forum moderator ...
    nerin wrote: »
    so we'll subscribe and see ;)
    their evil mod conspiracy is that we get so bored with the free access to free sex related stuff online that we give them money and they let us in to the shadowy s and s forum.
    Mod Conspiracy!!!!!
    :D
    i love it, its the best plan ever.
    Lol! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i know too much now dont i randy...theyre gonna put a hit out on me....:(

Advertisement