Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.52 --> 1.50 ? where

• 02-09-2005 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

i heard its out today , is it going to be on www.wab.com ? Doesnt seem to say on the site, just says "the waiting day etc"

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

There's been a bit of a falling out wabside it would seem. Yoshi's currently taking a bashing in IRC for "robbing code".

[edit]
    Meh, I went back, it was just some random newb flaming. I think it's ready to go. People are talking about hosting space for it in the channel now anyway.
    [/edit]

Well, it now looks like WAB have pulled another "ISO loader" and yoshiro has quit developement altogether. I wasn't in the IRC channel last night but it's been closed. Just read this on psp-spot.com so I dunno if they're over reacting or not.

Anyway, yeah. They claimed months ago to have an ISO loader and it never appeared. Looks like that might be the case again :(

P.S.

DONT UPGRADE ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Lucky I have a 1.50 :)

Anyways its about time he left WAB as he's the only member who actually done anything. The yoshi guy has released good stuff such as ther version changer and wallpaper changer plus the region free dvd player for the xbox so he can actual code stuff unlike most of the other psp hackers who seem to be 13 yr old americans who can use photoshop, so i wouldnt give up just yet on a downgrader.

ps: humma said his next loader will more than likely be his last :(

yeah seems like. Still on 1.5 here too :) None of WAB are American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

PSP DEV ARE BACK
    "Today after a holydays, we come back... We just started to try to find exploits or something usefull in firmware 2.0 because in a few all the games required this firmware and it will be a must.
    There's also bad news, our member MrSiir has decided to leave us, we wish the best luck in your new way."

i thinlk they are under the impression that 2 is european all around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

from http://www.pspupdates.com/
    Saturday, September 03, 2005
    WAB Comments on Recent Rumors

WAB has posted a quick response to recent rumors that have been floating around recently about the WAB team. Here is what they had to say:

Usually we dont pay attention about rumors and [bad] talks, but this time we really think we have to make a little official annoucement.
    1st Yoshihiro didn't quit WAB team
    2nd Yoshihiro always working on the Downgrader
    3rd Yoshihiro and the WAB team members wanna thx all the donnators for their paypal act.

About the downgrader keep in mind that it's will be a dangerous process to reflash the psp, so we have to be 100% sure that we wont release a version with bugs that will mass brick psp all over the world!! we hope you can understand it !!

And for those who really want a downgrader TODAY, hey !! just code it ;)

looks like there still workin on it

The latest in the WAB soap opera is that the downgrader works on all psp versions incl 2.0 and you only need your own psp to downgrade (pspupdates and other forums have threads about it). They are supposed to releasing the customary video today - probably after ppl donate to buy a video camera ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Video to the downgrader has just been released. info on maxconsole.net and of course the WAB irc channel.

heres a mirror.

mirror for vid

oh yeah - it works for downgrading a version 2.0 :) shame i never bothered upgrading to try the browser though

probably after ppl donate to buy a video camera ;)
    LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Good God that video is taking ages.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Brilliant thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

just wondering has anybody here tried this successfully yet, i haven't had a chance and am just wondering before i brick it and have to bring it back with shrugged shouldes claiming ignorance :confused:

nothing to try yet - as its just a video of them running a program on a 1.52 PSP. the program, is apparently the downgrader for both 1.5X and 2.0 PSPs. In other words, nothing is released yet, which we can run on the PSPs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

sorry i thought they had released something, the video was bad quality and i was only half looking at it, trying to finish my thesis and not worry about all the things id love to put on a 1.5 PSP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've been watching this topic closely and looks like they're very close to a downgrader release:

http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15124&page=61&pp=10

TC

No offense but pspupdates is mostly full of sensationalist bull****. Their members are just a crowd of fanbois who believe anything posted on the front page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

do you have a more informed forum?

Only got a PSP yesterday and still learning what tis capable of

try the maxconsole.net forums , should be better than pspupdates anyways

also keep an eye on the topic on

irc://irc.raided.us/wab

Chances are, it will be first annouced there, and travel to the websites. The temptation is seriously there at the moment to upgrade to 2.0, just to enjoy the browser, and have a mess with pspirc pspmsn etc for the laff, but i'm not 100% sure i'll be able to downgrade to a 1.5 after that. Patience is needed !

btw - according to #wab - its 98% complete.

• Advertisement

To avoid ****in rumours here is some little details:

1- Thanx to my Bro to make the news to let you know i was arrested ( in case if it was psp related).

2- It was not psp related or hacking related, little personal affair.

3- It's was not fake to justify that downgrader wont be release ( it will soon with cooperation of the mega mighty psp-dev team from spain)

4- It was not fake to ask more donnation, ppl that want to make Donnation can use the link in the menu, those who doesn't want do it, doesn't do it !

5- Stop saying bull**** about downgrader fake, about yoshihiro, about wab at all... We roxx this is a fact and thx all for your support...

from wab.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

yeah thanks for that Placebo, but even that is a few days old. Basically a lot of credence was given to an article on maxconsole (http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=5037) - by a respected member of the community who said that for a downgrader to be able to run on 1.52 or 2.00 and exploit has to be found - in which case a downgrader wouldn't be necessary as you could just use that exploit to run homebrew. Yoshishiro from wab made a response as well, but all he did was use a lot of techie speak that didn't really say anything.

A lot of people now believe that a downgrader isn't going to happen anytime soon, and that a modchip will be the most likely saviour.

So its up in the air whether you'd be better off sticking with 1.52 or going to 2.00. Personally I use the web browser a reasonable amount - so 2.00 for me. Time will tell if that will be a mistake....

bit tech for me as ive never looked at the firmware myself but if it was possible id reckon it would be done by now, does look a bit far fetched at this stage. Hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah I seriously doubt we'll see a downgrader. It is impossible to break the AES encryption on 1.51, 1.52 and 2.00 models, and that is the barrier they are now facing. There has been work on a possible buffer overflow on the 2.0 web browser, but without a debugger to find a return address its like a trying to find a needle in a haystack.

A hardware modchip is the only way now, and I'm sure someone will come up with one soon (teamX said they weren't working on one).

Personally, I'm seriously considering buying a second PSP, a 1.50, from ebay and then selling my 1.52.

Or maybe I should wait for a modchip .. :confused:

I've been keeping at eye on the #wab chatroom, and reading all the different threads across the different sites. One thing for sure, is the amount of abuse the Wab guys have been getting, people seem to forget they are doing this all for free ! Granted they accept donations, but who wouldn't :)

I'm at the stage now, of thinking of upgrading. I'm heading to NY, and I'd like to use the WIFI web browser while over there - heck if I see a 1.50 PSP in a shop 2nd hand, I'll snap it up. Perhaps I might buy a US 1.52 just in case....

Anyone want to donate me money, to buy a PSP 1.50 ? :cool:

ondafly wrote:
    I've been keeping at eye on the #wab chatroom, and reading all the different threads across the different sites. One thing for sure, is the amount of abuse the Wab guys have been getting, people seem to forget they are doing this all for free ! Granted they accept donations, but who wouldn't :)

I'm at the stage now, of thinking of upgrading. I'm heading to NY, and I'd like to use the WIFI web browser while over there - heck if I see a 1.50 PSP in a shop 2nd hand, I'll snap it up. Perhaps I might buy a US 1.52 just in case....

Anyone want to donate me money, to buy a PSP 1.50 ? :cool:
    There's a guy working on getting elements of the 2.0 firmware to run from the MS. He can see the browser but can't get it to load yet. If you give him a week, chances are you'll get the browser without needing to upgrade.

WAB are losing cred all over the place. They posted a video on their site and after they got so much flack for it's ****ness claimed it to be a fake. And now yoshi is trying to get by the third and "last" barrier. The ****in encryption. Good luck with cracking AES. WAB won't be releasing anything. Their releases to date have been caic. I mean they couldnt even make an ISO loader when they claimed to have one and cracking 2.0 is going to be a hell of alot harder.

Psp-dev were supposed to break ties with them last night, but it didn't happen for some reason.

Xecuter are doing a hardware hack so I think that's the only option right now for people who've updated.

Xecuter said they are not working on anything psp related atm on their forums, only xbox 360 so looks like another BS group on the psp scene( the dev pics were meant to be fake aswell) or they are just keeping quiet about it so no noobs will bother them.

• Advertisement

Eh, xecuter aren't newbs. They're the main chippers for the Xbox.

Advertisement