Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Fees the old way

Options
  • 02-09-2005 11:54am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭

I paid the fees using the form and the bank like we used to as I didn't realise we could pay online, I think it was wednesday. Now when I got to the SIS it says I still have a "Fees Hold" on my account. What does that mean? How long does a cheque take to clear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

min 3 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

ucd are saying 5 working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Whats that noise? Did anybody else just hear something bounce?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yes maybe the men in white coats bouncing out of the ambulance ;)

thanks all for the info! it's a wonder ucd don't have an AIB-style double charging system. some poor bozo would be sure to fall for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I need to get some sort of form when I pay my fees, do I still get this if I pay online? Something like a fees remission form? Can't remember the name (no, it's not for local authority grant).

• Advertisement

I'm now ****ting myself:

* I've lost the giro receipt.
    * It still hasn't gone into my account.
    * The guy in the bank keyed in the student number as opposed to scanning it with the MICR device. Now i'm thinking he might not have keyed it correctly.

Anyone know what the hell i should do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Cheques usually take five working days to clear, if you only paid them last Wednesday then I wouldn't start worrying yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Red Alert wrote:
    * The guy in the bank keyed in the student number as opposed to scanning it with the MICR device. Now i'm thinking he might not have keyed it correctly.
    QUOTE]

What are the chances he inadvertantly paid my fees? Ka Ching!!

Yeah, still i'd rather i hadn't lost the damn receipt! I was the last customer too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

i read that you're not able to get your student card until you pay your fees; well I paid my fees online (by credit card) tonight, so should I be able to pick it up tomorrow, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

no you get your student card at appointed time for your course that it says in the info ya got last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah, my appointed time is between 9 and 5, tomorrow :p But it doesn't need time to process or anything, does it? I'll bring the confirmation email anyways, just in case.

Advertisement