Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merc 250 Coupe for sale -1970-Needs work !

• 02-09-2005 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭

I have no connection with this car or any affiliation with its owner, he approached me yesterday and I looked at the car last night. Unfortunatley with a house move iminent I cannot take it on oitherwise it'd be mine and I would not be writing this !

As I said its a 1970 250C W114 Coupe. Original Irish car with a Dublin XXXX YI reg number. It is automatic with power steering, white in colour (looks to have been silver originally).

It need someone with a garage to take it and spend some time and a little moiney to get it running and presentable agai. It has been sitting in a dry warehouse for 4 1/2 years and has the associated layers of dust on it and in it. There are parts missing although a lot of these appear to be in the boot. The rear screen is missing and the front screen is merely sitting there. I reckon if anyone bought one of thgese they would be well advised to change all the window and door seals anyway so the above may be a help not a hindrance but it explains the need for a place to keep it indoors !

As with any car like this most rubber items would be perished anyway so brake hoses, coolant and fuel pipes would be required aswell as fan/PAS belts.

I cannot verify the mileage at all, reckon 100k, which is nothing to one of these. The sills may need some minor work, they appeared solid enough but with some signs of filler. The wheel arches are solid, the wings are solid, even behind the headlights, as are the door bonnet and bootlid (slight rust on leading edge). The air filter housing is missing.

The chrome bumpers are straight and in good shape and the big chrome grille seems very good too. Some of the window chrome trim is dull but may clean up. It has the factory "Bundt Cake" alloy wheels fitted.

The sorage space has been lost and the owner needs to shift it. He doesn't want to have to keep it outside his house. To be honest a good clean would transform the appearance of this car and could be sold then for a lot more than the asking price which is €2500 !

Let me know if you have any interest. Sorry dont have photos.........they didn't come out. Anyway thats all I can tell you about it but I will provide the owners phone number to any serious punters, just PM me or email. The car is located in North County Dublin and would have to be trailered away !

Advertisement