Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starship troopers demo is out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeahi keep dieing at that part as well, but i havent played it on easy yet (because of my l33t senses and mad skills :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Wicknight wrote:
    film was crap, but hopefully the game will be good ... goin'a kill me s'um bug scum ...

no way the movie was one of the best giant CGI insect movies ever made!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Also, how an EARTH do you get past the huge swarm of bugs at the minelayer/crash site? There was about 50 bugs, killed them with shotgun until my ammo ran out and then ran until I was sliced to death? How do you get past this part?

SAME HERE

THE AIMING IS HARD AS WELL

NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS GAME SAAME OLD ****

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

It doesnt look good enough for the minimum specs tbh. It played on my spec with everything full but chugs a bit. Deffo need a new gfx card but uni fees come first :p

Game itself seems to be a mindless blaster. Might killa few hours but doubt it will ever be considered a classic. Can you man the turrets btw at the base? there is a use interact button but ic ant jump on em :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Also, how an EARTH do you get past the huge swarm of bugs at the minelayer/crash site? :confused: There was about 50 bugs, killed them with shotgun until my ammo ran out and then ran until I was sliced to death? How do you get past this part?

i cant get past that either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

... yeah its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

cregser wrote:
    ... yeah its crap.

Yeah, not great at all. If people do feel like downloading a demo F.E.A.R is superior to this in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Guys calm down :cool:

To get past that part you need to find the super-shotgun thats around the lower end of the crash site. It can blast about 6 bugs a peice. It gets better from there. Then go back to the outpost and 1000s of bugs start attacking. A real bug attack. :D

I also reccomend you get the ST theme ture and play it on repeat instead of the demo music :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Jesus, what a terrible demo. The mouse look was really sluggish for me, i mean there was a half second delay on moving the crosshair.. was nearly unplayable. I could hear the music really high, but there was little or no ambient sounds (and it wasn't a setting).

Then to top it off, when i died it completely crashed my pc.

AMD 3500 64, Gig of ram, X800XT

Btw mobile, thanks for the UT.. i got one of the girls at work to send out bf on friday, courier will deliever it monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

DingChavez wrote:
    Guys calm down :cool:

To get past that part you need to find the super-shotgun thats around the lower end of the crash site. It can blast about 6 bugs a peice. It gets better from there. Then go back to the outpost and 1000s of bugs start attacking. A real bug attack. :D

I also reccomend you get the ST theme ture and play it on repeat instead of the demo music :P

I'll try that now....

And yes, some of the ambient sound is terrible for me too. The machine/grenade rifle sounds meaty, the morita sounds really low and barely audible.

Giving it one last try now for the "super" shotgun..... :cool:

Rotal - cool, did it install via copy or retail disc? Hope it all went okay for you in any case....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Jesus there must of been 200-300 bugs at the end which made my pc cry poor thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Runs fine with no shadows in 1024. Very odd that some of you guys posting that you're getting sluggish controls - I find controls too fast on mine (walking/aiming) as if some FPS limiter was not set/working :confused: (A64 3000+, 512, 9700Pro, nothing o/c'ed), i.e. having trouble lining up to climb the outpost ramp at the beginning etc.

But it's very, very, veeery crap - assault rifle sound is nothing like the movie - big disappointment here :(

BoS demo is more fun -ish... still not a patch on BF2 by a few light-years, IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Was dissapointed with this too. Like others I thought the controls were a little sluggish, and did anybody else think there was a hint of CPU cheating going on with the darker coloured antlions ?

I'll have to try it again later with the super shotgun and see if that injects some much needed fun into the game

Advertisement