Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosions reported in New Orleans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They dont have it linked to the story yet but..
    _40756480_fire_ap203i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i was going to go in but there was an ugly woman :(
    :p

Thanks for the thread hijack :p

Just to let you know looters are setting fire to the city. Multiple places are burning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

:(

i assume it's on skynews?im sure i will see it all later.
    Damn looters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yes the looting issue is providing a handy smokescreen for the massive inaction by the US government. The response by this first world nation has been almost slower than that of those in third world countries. How much looting is going on? I mean how far can someone bring a fridge/freezer in a flooded city with no electricity? How much is a crate of DVD players worth when you have to travel 100 miles to find someone with an intact house? Let them have it. Someone going in and helping themselves to clothes and food is not looting. They are fending for themselves. However, they could end up dead as a result of this ridiculous shoot-to-kill policy.

Its martial law. The problem is when looting gets out of hand and gets people killed. Instead of stealing a rack of DVD's or tires off a car this person could be better working to save lives.

Personally after seeing some of the sh!t thats gone on there in regards to looting/mugging/etc a bullet to the head is the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hobbes wrote:
    Personally after seeing some of the sh!t thats gone on there in regards to looting/mugging/etc a bullet to the head is the only way to go.

Ah now, you can't be doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well now if someone is gonna endanger you or your family your gonna do something harsh to them. and if youve got a gn in your hand what do you expect yourself to do protecting a family or somethin?

• Advertisement

Exactly, imagine trying to get your family out only to find some asshole with a weapon removing the tires off your car.

Advertisement