Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture anyone?

• 02-09-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

The DIT forums suck so hopefully they'll get going soon or something but is anyone else here doing architecture?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I hope to be next year....what did you do for your portfolio? I don't have a clue what to do for the interview. How much did you do? How much stuff are you supposed to bring in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I had a lot of computer graphics work, poster work, life drawings, few paintings...stuff demonstrating loads of different styles and indivuality in my work. I did my portfolio just for this but it wasn't anywhere near as big as ncad portfolios that other people I knew had. I also had some metalwork. I'm not too sure how much exactly but 6 or 7 A2 size posters, 2 A4size ones, 2metal work objects and about 6 computer graphic posters/designs and a few random paintings and life drawings. They play good cop bad cop with you and try see how you deal with the sitaution..I didn't cop onto this and found myself struggling to impress them but I ended up with 95 out of 100 for the interview/portfolio so I was pretty surprised by that!

Main thing..lotsa indivuality and creativeness...they seem to like sketches of buildings(I had none surprisingly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Graphic Design? I was told to avoid that for portfolios, but it must be different for Architecture. Did you have 3d renders or something? AutoCad? Photoshop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I just put in the kinda work that I do..not just stuff I did in school! I use photoshop a lot and have been using it for the last 6 years or so, so I have a good bit of work done.

Advertisement