Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking two consoles....

• 02-09-2005 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Not too sure if this has been covered already; I can't get the search function to work.

Basically I am looking to directly link two PS2's together; as opposed to creating a LAN, with a view to using two TV's for two player gaming.

I have heard that the best way to do this is using a "crossover cable" directly in to the network adapter. I haven't been able to get any more info though.

Has anyone sucessfully managed this?

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Pharcyde

Has nobody ever tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Havent tried it (and I am not being smart) but google can surely answer this?

eg

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/NetworkAdaptorFAQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

i used a firewire cable to hook up two consoles and play timesplitters. ;)

Cheers Grumpy, was that a direct connect? Was there any issue with assigning IP addresses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

i have a firewire hub and 6 firewire cables. it was the original setup for connecting the PS2s together. worked on Gran Tourismo 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

You can't just link two of them together directly?

I currently have mine linked into my computer network for online play which is fine(no setting up at all really, just plugged in and used defaults) but I assumed you could just plug two PS2s that had network adaptors together with ethernet cable and that was that. I was thinking about trying that for GT4 sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

link two directly is not a problem, get a single firewire cable. ;)

Nice one lads!

Now I don't suppose anyone knows where you can still get those network adapters?

Those extremely succsesfully selling network adapters?

Advertisement