Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with avi's, movies, etc

Options
  • 01-07-1999 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

i am in work and as i have a nice fast connection i can d/l 50 mg avi demos of games and stuff in about 20 minutes.
    unfortunately ive just discovered i cannot play them.
    is there any reason why not?
    i know this puter plays all those crap short funny avi's and pron ones (not that i look at them) but its annoying to d/l a 44mg demo of outcast and then not have it working.
    ive even d/led and installed windows media player. is there any other codec ar whhatever
    ta
    whitewash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Download the new version of Quicktime from the Apple (uuuugggghhhhhh) website. You can configure it to play avis in control panel. Its a nice enough piece of ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ya I had some wierd problems with avi's in the last place I work which was quite annoing when you have to use them in you app's sad.gif . It all started happening when I intstall The new windows media player this was befroe xmas. My puter used to just hang there. I suspect you problem could be a you don't have enough RAM for a huge avi. The file might be corrupt. Do what I did uninstall media player and get the newest version from the net. Thats all I can thinnk of.

Kayos

Advertisement