Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sociology registration

Options
  • 02-09-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I misunderstood the registration process for 2nd year Sociology, I was looking in Stuweb all the time, when it should be done on /sociolog web page... Stupid me...

I got the reply from UGO now that I will have to wait until first week of term, when the repeat students can register. Will this give me much less chances of getting the courses I want? Anyone has any experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I honestly wouldn't know the answer to your question but I wouldn't be confident knowing the way the Sociology department go about doing things

My best advice is don't even bother registering. That Sociology department are a disgrace as far as I'm concerned. Grrrrrrrrr Stephen Mennell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Do do you think theyd let your deregister or is that like devirgining onself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I honestly wouldn't know the answer to your question but I wouldn't be confident knowing the way the Sociology department go about doing things

My best advice is don't even bother registering. That Sociology department are a disgrace as far as I'm concerned. Grrrrrrrrr Stephen Mennell.

Yeah I know... Like I'm waiting like crazy in Stuweb since August 1 and then now just in the end of the month something happens... Just so illogical to put some Sociology enrolling in STUweb and some in sociology web site... You try to help UCD in the best way by trying to register on time - and you get these problems with tricky enrollings...

One more week to go until university starts again, and I don't know what courses I can take in Information Studies, my other subject now in 2nd year. The registration process is very ineffective..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

The process was very badly outlined, i couldnt register my choices either. I passed sociology but was repeating one of my other subjects, im not sure if that had anything to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I reckon messrs Mennell and Allen are doing whatever they can to limit 2nd year Sociology to 200 students. That's the problem me thinks.

Gawwwd, I reallly hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I can't fin anywhere to register online, is there meant to be a 'confirm enrolment' button? Can i not register for second year til i've passed my repeats? Hmmmm. I'm too tired for all this.

I can't fin anywhere to register online, is there meant to be a 'confirm enrolment' button? Can i not register for second year til i've passed my repeats? Hmmmm. I'm too tired for all this.

You're enrolling to the whole sociology programme on Stuweb, and the indivudal courses on the Sociology page... Very bad thinking and I certainly have told the people in the UGO about that. The complained that I haven't read everything on the Sociology web page, but I told them that it's not that easy when they spread out the enrolling process on two separate places...

Advertisement