Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid to the US

• 02-09-2005 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry I can't remember what thread the Fox News comment was posted (might of been politics).

I've seen a report that US refused help from Russia. German friend is telling me that German News mentioned they had men and equipment to help out 50,000 people and they were told by the US administration they were not needed.

Anyone know of where a breakdown of who is offering aid and what has been accepted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Offers have been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, NATO and the Organization of American States, the spokesman said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/01/AR2005090101542.html

Isn't it quite funny how Venezuela have offered aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

They don't need aid. America has buckets of money. And manpower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ForrestTaft

Considering Chavez's country looks worse than New Orleans does now, he should probably shut up and start helping his people. As for aid, the Americans need supplementary measures regarding oil and gas output.They do not need anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Got some links for that Forrest to back it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

DadaKopf wrote:
    They don't need aid. America has buckets of money. And manpower.

I agree, I think it's brains they need and a good leader. However, I wouldn't begrudge the money or manpower...at least we know it will be more likely used effectively and wisely...unlike in Africa

• Advertisement
Advertisement