Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to attract your attention ladies!

• 02-09-2005 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Scenario is man is attracted to woman, they know each other through mutual friends, hang out regularly, chat a bit and she seems a bit flirty, he likes her but wants to play it cool.
    What should he do?
    How is a man supposed to 'flirt' with a woman?!, how can a man flirt?
    Compliment her on imaginary things, ie "get your hair done?"...Ok no laughing it was only a suggestion.
    Ladies, how will you let a guy know that your into him?
    What are the body language tells aside from playing with hair (BTW every woman i know does that, with potential suitor or not).
    Thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"Hey, how would you like to go for a drink later?"

Is it really that hard, people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭canavanbn@hotma

Yeah, but you want to suss things out first over say the course of a few weeks.
    I dont want to become a friend, but i'm going by the fools rush in mantra!
    Need to gauge if she is into first before I take the plunge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Talk to her???

Have a random conversation, if it goes well she'll be more inclined to go out for a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Look at her when you speak to her.
    Ask her about herself and listen to her answers, ask questions based on her answers showing you are actually listening (and interested).
    Make her laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Best way to flatter a person is to give them your full notice and show them
    that you are intrested in them by listening to them and asking them questions
    about themselves, thier dreams, desires, dislikes.

Get into a converstaion just the two of you , and if they place is too crowded
    to really talk suggest meeting up for a chat and a coffee away from the noise
    and the rest of the gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Scenario is man is attracted to woman, they know each other through mutual friends, hang out regularly, chat a bit and she seems a bit flirty, he likes her but wants to play it cool.
    What should he do?
    Compliment her on imaginary things, ie "get your hair done?"...Ok no laughing it was only a suggestion.
    What are the body language tells aside from playing with hair (BTW every woman i know does that, with potential suitor or not).
    Thoughts appreciated.

this is your second thread on this in a a number of days.

what happened the last time?

are you just going through random questions until you get an answer you want?

if you have no intention of being her friend, then i expect all you want to do is fúck her. why not just walk up to her and give her some money and ask her for sex in return.

or, you could actually try and be friends, and stop p[laying stupid childish games, acting like a twat and start acting like normal human being.

honestly, im beginging to think you only log into boards by accident, rather than by a any sort of cogniscient effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭pdunno

if you have no intention of being her friend, then i expect all you want to do is fúck her. why not just walk up to her and give her some money and ask her for sex in return.

or, you could actually try and be friends, and stop p[laying stupid childish games, acting like a twat and start acting like normal human being.

honestly, im beginging to think you only log into boards by accident, rather than by a any sort of cogniscient effort.

Jesus man, you having a bad day? Seems a bit harsh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I'm assuming he meant that he didn't want to get stuck as 'just' a friend. Easy thing to slip into. And wouldn't you ban someone if they posted a personal attack like that?

OP, best bet is go straight for it, arrange to meet up with her alone, drinks, coffee, even a meal, just not the cinema (involves not talking to her for 2 hours).

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭pdunno

i agree with 280....best thing is to just ask her to meet up for a drink or something. Whats the worst that can happen? Anyway life's too short to sit back and wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jimmytango

just read white wash mans post hes a mod right!!!

that guy loves pissin and moanin
    also

just like to say all mods are aholes on boards
    would u agree

just ask her man its the only way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

approch the target mate and ask her loudly: "Hey baby, you lookin' for some a dis!?"

then start rubbing your nipples in first a clockwise, then anti-clockwise direction, while you lick your lips and perform violent pelvic thrusts.

this will confuse the female into accepting you as a mate.

i saw it on discovery channel.

No and if you had read the charter you would seen that personal attcks
    will get you banned, just like this for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Thaed wrote:
    No and if you had read the charter you would seen that personal attcks
    will get you banned, just like this for a week.
    Can a Mod get banned from his own forum? Could he ban himself? The repercussions....

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

You can also be banned for posting off topic.
    Please read the charter,
    have a nice day,
    Thaed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yeah, but you want to suss things out first over say the course of a few weeks.
    I dont want to become a friend, but i'm going by the fools rush in mantra!
    Need to gauge if she is into first before I take the plunge!

"Hey, some of us are going out for a drink later, you want in?"

[several weeks later]

"Hey, I'm going out for a drink later, you want in?"

I mean, come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pdunno wrote:
    Jesus man, you having a bad day? Seems a bit harsh!!

no but its the second post asking the same thing in around 3 days from the same user.
    i believe he pretty much got the same answer from people the first time around.
    i dont understand why we need another thread from the same user on the same topic again.
    do you?

not all useful advice consists of 'you are a lovely person, good things will happen for you'.
    sometimes a good kick up the arse is needed, and i will happily give that kick where i feel it is needed, and i will have empathy where i feel that is needed.

there is no personal insult in my post, merely my own straight forward opinion that the OP get a grip. you may feel otherwise, and perfectly entitled to feel so.

now, its apparent the OP doesnt want to get stuck in a 'friends' rut, and thats fine, but how the hell do you go out and have a sexual relationship (after all, thats pretty much what he wants) with someone if you cant even make the gesture of friendship?

if you find out, tell me how its done...
    we can bottle it and sell it.

Personal%20Tissues.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

pdunno wrote:
    i agree with 280....best thing is to just ask her to meet up for a drink or something. Whats the worst that can happen? Anyway life's too short to sit back and wait.....
    "Hear Hear"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

What should he do?
    Thoughts appreciated.

Keep eye contact (don't turn away first); tease her; give her mixed signals to make her wonder whether you like her or not. Don't tell her "i like you" straight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Thaed wrote:
    Personal%20Tissues.gif

lol...classic :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Impress her with manly tasks such as lifting heavy weights, punching weaker people and using power tools!

Nah but really most flirting is natural. It comes to you naturally once you stop worrying. It's mostly in smiling, making excuses to touch her (something as simple as patting her on the head (IN A JOKING WAY!!!) if she says something silly). But yeah, smile, pay attention to her, sit beside her and have your face close to hers when you're talking to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Touching her on the forearm is safer. Touching a person's head is actually fairly high up on the intimacy scale. Many women would not like it from a stranger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Keep eye contact (don't turn away first); tease her; give her mixed signals to make her wonder whether you like her or not. Don't tell her "i like you" straight....
    Are you sugesting he actually becomes a woman in order to gain insight?! :D

Straight forward seems good. At least you won't have to worry about it for long. Plus it may make you seem confident.

newgrange wrote:
    Touching her on the forearm is safer. Touching a person's head is actually fairly high up on the intimacy scale. Many women would not like it from a stranger.
    Seriously? I find that hard to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Just talk to her and when you ask her a question wait and give her time to answer and dont just talk over her , nothing worse that that!
    No real rocket science , you`ll know if she goes to the loo and avoids talking to ya when she comes back shes not really interested but is she does then chances are shes finding you interesting and liking talking to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Bit harsh there eh the guy is only asking advice :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 U$ername

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Just talk to her and when you ask her a question wait and give her time to answer and dont just talk over her , nothing worse that that!
    No real rocket science , you`ll know if she goes to the loo and avoids talking to ya when she comes back shes not really interested but is she does then chances are shes finding you interesting and liking talking to ya.

So feed her with drink...oh yeah and a talk ratio of her 90% and you 10% is good....especially if loaded with validation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

no but its the second post asking the same thing in around 3 days from the same user.
    i believe he pretty much got the same answer from people the first time around.
    i dont understand why we need another thread from the same user on the same topic again.
    do you?

not all useful advice consists of 'you are a lovely person, good things will happen for you'.
    sometimes a good kick up the arse is needed, and i will happily give that kick where i feel it is needed, and i will have empathy where i feel that is needed.

there is no personal insult in my post, merely my own straight forward opinion that the OP get a grip. you may feel otherwise, and perfectly entitled to feel so.

now, its apparent the OP doesnt want to get stuck in a 'friends' rut, and thats fine, but how the hell do you go out and have a sexual relationship (after all, thats pretty much what he wants) with someone if you cant even make the gesture of friendship?

if you find out, tell me how its done...
    we can bottle it and sell it.

Can you not join the 2 threads together?

U$ername wrote:
    So feed her with drink...oh yeah and a talk ratio of her 90% and you 10% is good....especially if loaded with validation
    problem?

Oops phrased it a bit weird I guess..no offence meant, I actually agreed with you on the toilet thing.

Its just that posting replies on threads like these seem to be endless and the answers will always be the same. Maybe a seduction thread somewhere would cut down the PI's as something like "How do I get a girl/guy/transgender to like me" is more of a personal issue for a lot of people.

• Advertisement

yea perhaps , The easiest thing though and one proven to work is just go up and speak to them , no real way around that , ya cant get to know someone to ask them out etc etc until ya speak to them.

Done...Seduction thread complete.

Advertisement