Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB in D3

• 02-09-2005 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm currenty connect up with Irish broadband, the wireless one that has a receiver on our roof.
    However my ma has started complaining about the price, it being fifty euro a month?
    Is there any other provider that will do the same job for cheaper?

regards
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Not exactley. IBB have a massive upload speed. No other [similar prices] provider will even come close.

I assume that you are on residential 2Mb package. Try Clearwire. They are wireless too. Their 1Mb is only about 30 Euro. Don't quote me on that but give them a ring.

Or, you can call BT and see if they service your area. They have bb and line rental in one package for about 50 Euro amonth.

Or, according to the IBB site, you can downgrade to the 1Mb package which will only cost you 36 Euro a month. Didn't think they were still doing 1Mb packages. Must have been wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

shoutman wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm currenty connect up with Irish broadband, the wireless one that has a receiver on our roof.
    However my ma has started complaining about the price, it being fifty euro a month?
    Is there any other provider that will do the same job for cheaper?

regards
    Luke

you thank your ma ! she has saved you from a dreadful BB provider!

can you get ntl or dsl?

NTL intro package is only €25 ;-) 1meg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Clearwire's 1Mbps is €39.95 or some such but I don't think they have a lot of coverage on the north side, but I could be wrong. If you have a phone already, they're not competitive. Neither is IBB, mind you.

Try Smart, except you need to change the phone number. But it's only €35pm including line rental for 2Mbps. If your exchange is Smart-enabled. I think BT does 1Mbps for €40 inc line rental so if you already have a phone it's only another €15 extra. They do an introductionary offer right now that's very good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Well we couldnt get ntl , they said it wasnt available on our road.

So should i try smart or clearwire>?

cheers for the advice guys

Advertisement