Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank branch does it matter?

Options
  • 02-09-2005 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Curious to get some responses, but is it of any importance to have any sort of friendship with the staff at a bank.
    Recently I havent been using my normal bank branch as ive moved home, but im wondering is it important to maintain the whole knowing the name of bank employee/relationship with manager etc.
    The reason I ask, is i'll be applying for home loan in no time and im wondering will i have a better chance of being accepted if i do it through my own branch?
    Or is it of no importance, and all anyone is concerned about is your earning power!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

i moved to dublin about a year ago from my home town
    very seldom go back to my normal back
    went into my nearest bank to work to enquire about a loan
    stood at the counter for about 10 minutes,the bank staff obviously made a call to my locla branch,checked my history of savings etc
    few moments later ,fill in the form, next day loan approved
    u are right ...money talks ..thats all they are interested in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Curious to get some responses, but is it of any importance to have any sort of friendship with the staff at a bank.
    Recently I havent been using my normal bank branch as ive moved home, but im wondering is it important to maintain the whole knowing the name of bank employee/relationship with manager etc.
    The reason I ask, is i'll be applying for home loan in no time and im wondering will i have a better chance of being accepted if i do it through my own branch?
    Or is it of no importance, and all anyone is concerned about is your earning power!

Go to a broker man, it'll be a lot easier and you've way more options. I applyed for my mortgage on wednesday just gone, got approval yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Go to a broker man, it'll be a lot easier and you've way more options. I applyed for my mortgage on wednesday just gone, got approval yesterday.

Agreed.

Advertisement