Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks EL action, Rovers Bohs derby and Longford Waterford in TG4

• 02-09-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 2                     
     EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION         
     Longford Town  -v- Waterford Utd   7.45
                        Flancare Park       
     Bohemians      -v- Shamrock Rovers 7.45
                        Dalymount Park      
     Bray Wndrs     -v- St Pat's Ath    7.45
                        Carlisle Grounds    
     Drogheda Utd   -v- Derry City      7.45
                        United Park         
     Shelbourne     -v- UCD             8.00
                        Tolka Park          

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION           
     Galway United  -v- Kildare County  7.30
                        Terryland Park

Longford v Waterford will be on TG4. Somehow someway, I cannot see that one being a battle for the ages, don't know why they're showing it. Bohs v Rovers or Drogheda v Derry surely a better choice? Eitherway, it is important for freefalling Waterford to get something from the game, for Longford are chasing Europe and out of both cups so need the points themselves and should pick up all three.

In the Bohs Rovers derby, well in the build up the BSC embarassed themselves again. Not content with breaking into grounds they've gone and wrecked the Shamrock Rovers monument in Milltown where their stadium used to be back in the days of them actually having a home and winning stuff. That should ensure more bad publicity for all involved and a heated affair in Dalymount.

Shels take on UCD. UCD have played Longford in the cup twice since beating Shels in the league cup semi final with two injury time goals, Shels have not played anyone. So revenge will be on the mind of Shels, not that it'll matter, because we're sh*te. We'll have to keep trying to win I suppose, but even second is out of our reach it would seem. To Derry to take home the league cup and a Cork v Derry FAI cup final is what's needed to ensure both Setanta Cup and UEFA Cup qualification bar a collapse of either City.

Bray take on Pats. Both assured of neither going down nor getting into Europe. Should be a cracker :) Bray of course are without Zayed, who is on loan to some Norwegan crowd. They got 50,000 to loan him out till the end of the season, shows how pathetic the Doyle/Murphy transfers were.

Drogheda v Derry is the biggest one of the night though. Having beaten Cork, Derry must get all three points here to maintain that pressure, but Drogheda are a good side. I think this is the kind of game that Derry will get a draw where Cork would get a win, and that's why I think Cork will win it (Not to mention their 3 point cushion). So a draw I think, and Cork should win tomorrow.

As their playing Harps tomorrow, albeit away from home. It wont be easy, but I think by tomorrow Cork could have a five point gap between themselves and Derry. We will see, if Derry win though, no matter what Cork do, it's a huge huge three points for them.

RTE have announced their showing the Cork UEFA cup games, which is good. Cork have a chance there, cerinaly they're not facing a side as strong as Shels got in this round last year, so they can definitely do it but they'll beed O'Flynn to start playing well. The home leg will kick off at half five, probably to do with the floodlights at the Cross.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

To Derry to take home the league cup and a Cork v Derry FAI cup final is what's needed to ensure both Setanta Cup and UEFA Cup qualification bar a collapse of either City.
    Can you get odds on that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Slash/ED wrote:
    [code]
    F

Longford v Waterford will be on TG4. Somehow someway, I cannot see that one being a battle for the ages, don't know why they're showing it.

As it'll be an awful game I'd like to appolgise right now! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sadly i would think the fans are the reason Bohs vs Rovers isnt on.

Pats giving a start to Larson tonight so we may at least score one.

28' Bohemians 1 - 1 Shamrock Rovers
    28' Bray Wanderers 0 - 0 St. Patricks
    28' Drogheda United 1 - 0 Derry City
    28' Longford Town 0 - 0 Waterford U.
    13' Shelbourne 0 - 0 UC Dublin

kdjac

68' Bohemians 1 - 1 Shamrock Rovers Doyle S/o
    68' Bray Wanderers 0 - 0 St. Patricks Tresson S/o
    68' Drogheda United 1 - 0 Derry City
    68' Longford Town 1 - 0 Waterford U.
    53' Shelbourne 2 - 2 UC Dublin

Regardless of how **** Pats are, a quick look to the northside and Shels makes me giggle everytime they play :D

kdjac

53' Shelbourne 2 - 2 UC Dublin

oh no:(

• Advertisement

79' Shelbourne 3 - 2 UC Dublin

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! COME ON SHELS !!!

jubbly wrote:

How come your not at the game?

90' Bohemians 1 - 3 Shamrock Rovers Doyle S/o
    90' Bray Wanderers 1 - 0 St. Patricks Tresson S/o Maguie S/o
    90' Drogheda United 1 - 1 Derry City
    90' Longford Town 3 - 0 Waterford U.
    83' Shelbourne 4 - 2 UC Dublin

kdjac

I was out running in a race. my lungs are knackered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Did anybody see the Longford match. Apparently there were some cracking goals.

I watched it for about 5 mins before i went out. Longford seemed to be totally dominating possesion. There was Id say about 400/500 at the match it appeared anyway.

Longford are a very strong team. But, they have no goalscorer of note and will concentrate too much on not conceeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just back from the longford match. Not the best attendeance ive seen in a while but a good game and some great goals. John Martin had an aboslute stormer tonight played out of his socks.

• Advertisement

I like Martin, I think hes a good premier division player. Just does his job and doesnt get many pluadits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

jubbly wrote:

Dodgiest penalty decision ever, and it pretty much killed UCD off.
    A point a piece would have been a fair result. Was a fairly poor game, not many chances either end despite there being 6 goals.
    UCD were missing too many first team players for them to really have had a chance of winning the game anyway.

Shels made my 8/13 bet a little too close to comfort.

UCD were missing Martin, McDonnell and they still put it up to Shels. Shels cant stop conceeding.

Was Alan Reynolds playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

UCD were missing McNally, Kenna and Quigley aswell.
    Reynolds was playing, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Shels were sh*te once again. But regardless of how **** Shels are, a quick look to the southside and Pats makes me giggle everytime they play :)

Slash/ED wrote:
    Shels were sh*te once again. But regardless of how **** Shels are, a quick look to the southside and Pats makes me giggle everytime they play :)

Your expectations this season: Win league giggidy giggidy , get into CL groups giggidy giggidy :D

Mine not get relegated , build new team.

Doing well so far on my side, how you doing?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

jubbly wrote:
    I was out running in a race. my lungs are knackered.
    :D Jesus Jolly, what an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

What's gone wrong with Pats? Seems like they've been without a win in months now. If Cork can get the win against Harps, that really piles pressure on Derry for the next game :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Well tonights game is in the cup.

That was a huge oppurtunity lost for Derry last night. A win, they went level on points, albeit with a game more played, and would have really given them the psychological edge. Id say Shels will fancy their chances of catching them up. Hope to christ they dont.

What about Waterford eh? The only thing that will keep them up, is if Harps lose more games than them, but even with that, I wouldnt fancy them to beat anyone in the promotion/relegation play-off.

Continuity Home farm play Cobh Ramblers this evening. A win for Cobh puts them within 2 points of CHF. Huge 6 pointer. CMON COBH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Derry won't win the league. They're last 2 performances away from home have been really poor. They were lucky to even get a point of both Pats and Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Bohs were abysmal last nite,on paper they are a far better side than rovers but they couldn't win against 10 men,a bad season for Bohs :confused:

1 nil City. Liam Kearney.

Listen Live!

EDIT: Half time now. Still 0-1. City fairly comfortable.

1-1 :mad:

How come RedFM or 96FM never do commentaries like this. :mad:

2-1 Harps :mad:

Though, as far as Im concerned, I would prefer lose this, than for it to go to ET.

2-2 now. Hope this is decided in 90 minutes. ET would be a disaster for City.

Its a disaster I would like if it means we get through. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

ET and a win for Cork, excellent :)

I think you are making way too much of this ET lark. Finn Harps had to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaC wrote:
    Doing well so far on my side, how you doing?

Despite having our worst season in a few years, lying 18 points above Pats always makes me smile.

Jubbly, you don't seem to go to many games, you've been on here a few times posting goals as they go in. Do you get down to Tolka much?

Ramblers beat CHF 0-1 last night, to move within 2 points of the play-off.

Sligo are now gone 6 points clear at the top, so they will be getting fairly confident of automatic promotion. I for one would welcome Sligo Rovers back into the premier league.

Kilkenny won 4-0 over Athlone, to make it an amazing 9 wins from their last 10 games. Mr Scully and his loan recruits from Cork City are certainly dong very well there.

The end of Citys match was marred by crowd trouble last night. Afters Citys equaliser, water balloons, rocks and bottles rained in on the City fans. The strewards then formed a line between fans, but when the winner went in, the same happened again, only unfortunatley, but understandably City fans reacted, and all hell broke loose.

Citys event controller had words with the Harps guy, only to be told that Harps are reporting City fans to the Gardai for beating up kids before the match. There were 20 City fans there, and no-one beat up anyone. In fact, if what the Harps guy said was true, why would they wait until after 120 minutes of football to lodge a complaint?

Im actually very surprised and dissapointed with Harps, as there was always a decent camaraderie among both sets of fans. Last nights crap will harm that no end. Id almost expect such at Inchicore, even Bray, but Harps???

Im not surprised with Harps reaction to the complaint though, as they are a thieving bunch, and will now be glad to see them relegated.

LOL whiter than white cork fans eh?

Sure dont yah all love when dubs visit your village.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    LOL whiter than white cork fans eh?

What are you on about now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

KdjaC wrote:
    Sadly i would think the fans are the reason Bohs vs Rovers isnt on.

Meaning that Rovers took 1,5000 to Dalymount. Waterford took how many exactly to Longford.

How are "the fans" likely to have a bearing on what match is televised?

Advertisement