Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your IBB connection these days?

• 02-09-2005 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Mine's been pretty good the last little while, occasionally even get the speed I'm paying for but it normally hovers around 2Mbps in both directions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It's been grand to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

Mine has been as ****ed up as ever. I've spent the last 2 months screaming and shouting at IBB support and sent them several reason why I believe I should be refunded. I have pointed out several services not available with my connection that the advertising cleary states the product is capable of as well as lower than max contended xfere rates. I made no less than 3 formal complaints in this time and IBB where supposed to send ppl out to redirect my radio to a differant highsite but they even ****ed that up by not guarenteeing times for visitiation. For me it is now simply a matter of cancellation and getting my goddamn money back.

My recommendation to anyone talking with IBB about resolution of technical issues/billing issues is to tell them where they can stick their 2 ****ing meter antenna and to not be nice about it.

Soz to go o/t, but If I deny the technicians access to remove the radio untill I've been refunded, will I doing anything illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I am not a lawyer so take this with a grain of salt.
    If IBB are deemed to have broken the contract by not providing you with the service you are paying for or any other reason then you do not have to give the engineer access to get the equipment back until the breach of contract has been resolved to your satisfaction and any restitution required has been payed.
    However if the contract has not been broken restricting access to an engineer is itself a breach of contract. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

If there a a refund due you should be within your rights to restrict access.If they agree to a refund & confirm this in writing then I would imagine you must return the equipment before the actual money is refunded..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Its been better for me. I get great pings off peak and they go to around the 100 mark at peak times. I an download at 200k but never seem to get more than 100k up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Funny enough my download was @ 1k last night Msn just about worked web sites no way, but upload was fine back to normal now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

2MB Breeze here in Galway, no problems with it very consistent but my upload speed is unusually up at 4MBits to 5.8Mbits sometimes don't understand this. :rolleyes:

VoIP working at good quality. ;)

I haven't heard and complaints about the IBB Breeze service here in Galway or maybe it's just that the people that are having problems if they are don't know about boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Excellent

1.99MB Down
    1.96MB Up

Very Low Pings......

Amazing what at 50euro solicitiors letter can do lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've been getting darn close to my 1mb connection for a month now, since I signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Excellent

1.99MB Down
    1.96MB Up

Very Low Pings......

Amazing what at 50euro solicitiors letter can do
    lol

would you care to eloborate mate?

Mine has been fu***n brutal as ever and im sick to the back teeth of IBB :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Mine's all over the place for the most part. Usually less than 1MB and rarely better than before the upgrade. Don't know about pings because they're not that important for me.

Actually I'm seriously considering moving away from IBB when my contract expires soon because their level of customer service is so bad. And that's a shame because technologically Breeze really is an excellent product when they manage to get it working properly.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mine's perfect.

This would have been good as a (public) poll :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

My ripwave is still brutal. Rarely any faster than dialup. Sometimes it's impossible to even send a bloody email!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

My Ripwave is OK for what I use it for - email, surfing, the odd download. Forget VOIP or gaming. Goes down to usuable speeds around once a week - usually Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

My Breeze is bad enough i am ment to be moving to a new mast i have had a clear los of a different mast all the time and they put me on the one that i have about 1/4 to 1/2 los.......My friend is on the other mast and he is going almost 2mb up and down a fair few out takes though but he is living 1.5km further from the mast than i am so hopefully might have a good connection but then again it is IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

I have monitored my connection bandwidth with mrtg and created graphs just like IBB, the speeds are consistant with a 1MB connection. Just for my records in case it goes bad again, trying to get the graphs off IBB is a lot of bother. they seem to send only the ones which show good connections

I am in the process of setting up the same method to monitor pings has any one done this with mrtg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Hey powerhosedan, what mast are u currently on?I think they have set up a new mast near the airport, called offices or something.
    I know 2 people on it already and the have no complaints. They are in curraheen area.

Im on the R&H mast with no problems except a week or two ago on a friday night but i think i got an email saying that it would happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Pants still. 3KB/sec up to a site in a tier one datacentre, with multiple providers. 300+KB/sec up in work which runs on an eircom based business service (its not a soho product if you get my drift). Even my BT home gets a full 15KB/sec on its 128k service.

Makes me sick. But I cancelled my DD with the bank, and am only using it for the last billing week while I get some other stuff sorted with my DSL. So at least I'm not paying for it anymore.

BTW with the 3KB/sec up "I" had to tell them what the problem was. They "can't figure out what's going on". Little tip for ya IBB... Your data carriers suck. Soon as it goes hits England on level3 and packetexchange carriers 40% drops, latency shoots up. This is pre atlantic transit too, so its not even that. Guys never ring me back, every time they promise. But never do. That's right Barry Dooley if that is your real name, you don't call. You don't write... Never bring me flowers anymore. Not feeling the love...

Regardless, I can get better performance up and down off BT's plus product. Which is mental considering what you should be getting up on a 2mb rated product. Bye Bye IBB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

PlasmaFish wrote:
    I haven't heard and complaints about the IBB Breeze service here in Galway or maybe it's just that the people that are having problems if they are don't know about boards.ie?

Its hard to say, perhaps they haven't oversubscribed it yet. Their high site(s) don't cover enough people. Galway is a bit on the flat side, with not much in the way of decent high sites, and that ESB mast is blocked from the city by the only big hill.

Theres also too much investment accomodation in their coverage area - i.e. non-homeowners which makes Breeze a bit unattractive. I know the interest in RipWave is pretty serious. I get a lot of questions about my service (not great, but it has been slightly better recently).

I am kinda surpised that they haven't signed up the barracks as a high site - thats
    got to be the second best mast in galway, particularly for their services - would get genuine coverage of the big east galway estates and the city centre itself. Would make a bigger deal for ripwave users though.

They need to do something for west galway though - thats like where most people live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

116kbps down
    6.20kbps up

30-40 percent packet loss to the dns server.

uuggghhh.....

Oh..btw anyone know how to get through to the finance dept..
    Changed Credit card number and waiting for someone to ring me back since last Monday to pay them....No one answers phones in that place.. Left number of phone messages with reception, emails etc.

And I am trying to give them money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

If I were you I would'nt bother pay them for such a poor service. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

This is with the 1Mb Breeze service

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
    Connection is:: 93 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 11 kB/s
    Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (server2)
    Test Time:: Tue Aug 30 22:07:22 UTC+0100 2005
    Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB download in 93.09 sec
    Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 22.25 % of your hosts average (106.45)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-5XBF3H0O7

Connection is:: 98 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 12 kB/s
    Test Time:: Wed Aug 31 19:10:07 UTC+0100 2005
    Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB download in 85.33 sec
    Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 24.94 % of your hosts average (106.45)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-1208I6RZ4

Connection is:: 284 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 35 kB/s
    Test Time:: Thu Sep 1 19:32:42 UTC+0100 2005
    Bottom Line:: 5X faster than 56K 1MB download in 29.26 sec
    Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 73.58 % of your hosts average (106.45)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-34GMYVT7E

Connection is:: 858 Kbps about 0.9 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 105 kB/s
    Test Time:: Sat Sep 3 09:29:37 UTC+0100 2005
    Bottom Line:: 15X faster than 56K 1MB download in 9.75 sec
    Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 111.33 % faster than the average for host (106.45)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-IGRVPZ1E0
    (Note: The one good result was at 9:30 in the morning)

Connection is:: 98 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 12 kB/s
    Test Time:: Sun Sep 4 18:15:37 UTC+0100 2005
    Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB download in 85.33 sec
    Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 24.5 % of your hosts average (106.45)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-P8GJX92ZB

Connection is:: 144 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 18 kB/s
    Test Time:: Mon Sep 5 22:36:05 UTC+0100 2005
    Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB download in 56.89 sec
    Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 34.78 % of your hosts average (106.45)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-OEH1RL8P9

BellerB i finally took your advise and Rang to cancell my Contract with IBB and asked for a refund for the Shocking service if they refuse i will cancell the direct Debit..... I going to go to the New Metro Digiweb Service, 3mb down and 512Up and 30gb for 35Euro....Anyone know how long it takes before they cancell or even get back to you?
    beller b wrote:
    If there a a refund due you should be within your rights to restrict access.If they agree to a refund & confirm this in writing then I would imagine you must return the equipment before the actual money is refunded..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

New Metro Digiweb Service, 3mb down and 512Up and 30gb for 35Euro

Powerhousedan how do you know this?

Because i rang them and they told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

Ricey, Do u have IBB??

If so how do u find them???

A friend of mine in Limerick has had no problems with IBB?

MackQ wrote:
    Actually I'm seriously considering moving away from IBB when my contract expires soon because their level of customer service is so bad. And that's a shame because technologically Breeze really is an excellent product when they manage to get it working properly.

What contract is that??? I thought IBB didn't have a contract???

Because i rang them and they told me.

Do u know when the are starting to operate???

There is another thread on Broadband called Metro is coming some info there.

Now back to IBB Topic.....
    Hughesy wrote:
    Do u know when the are starting to operate???

• Advertisement

Cheers, just saw it...

Advertisement