Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your IBB connection these days?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davedm

I have had enough,3 months on download speeds of a dial up connection.This is a joke only I aint laughin.

Was told today an engineer blah blah blah again.

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM THEY SUK.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

The complete bastards are up to something. I cancelled my contract last friday in a fit of rage and ever since then the connection has been absolutly perfect. No packet loss, very low pings, and 75% of advertised max transfer most of the time. The timing is just too damn good for it to be coincidence. My question now is, what are they playing at. Why fix a connection that has been cancelled, makes little sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Mine has been crap this last 7 days or so. I'm downloading now, 2 files, at 20k/sec each, and I'm on the 2Mb service. Last night, with no downloads, a speed test reported 440k/sec download, which is really poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davedm

you must be really special I have not had that fast in months.Top speed of 76kd for weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Im special too :p:D 240Kbs/240Kbs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Dan,
    I wouldn't wait for IBB to get onto you..Have you cancelled your DD?
    Once thats done don't worry about them...They will soon disconnect you once you don't pay them...(it's actually amazing how quick they react then)

I've heard this story many times before.IDU basher,,..I think its basically a soft soap approach, they lick up to you & after you've calmed down they treat you like the rest of the lemmings & hope you just keep going along & keep giving them your money for a crap service.
    Follow powerhousedan's example & get rid of then...you won't regret it (& it will also make you feel good believe me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Hughesy wrote:
    What contract is that??? I thought IBB didn't have a contract???

Minimum contract for Breeze period is 12 months - section 1.6 of Ts&Cs. I don't think this applies to Ripwave though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I am trying to get money outa of them first! I will cancell the DD otherwise...Beller do you recom another service?Dont have Smart or NTL was thinking the New Metro Service by Digiweb i and the rest of us deserve a good service...
    beller b wrote:
    Dan,
    I wouldn't wait for IBB to get onto you..Have you cancelled your DD?
    Once thats done don't worry about them...They will soon disconnect you once you don't pay them...(it's actually amazing how quick they react then)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Twice this week the service has went down :mad: so ive had enough ill settle my bill with them in 2 weeks and will be cancelling.Has anyone else here cancelled with them whilst on a contract and if so can you give me some pointers?Ive really had enough of this lot,the worst Broadband service in this country by a long shot,never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My service is pretty much bang on and has been for a few weeks now.. I honestly think they are prioritising the traffic of irate customers to keep them happy or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

My service is pretty much bang on and has been for a few weeks now.. I honestly think they are prioritising the traffic of irate customers to keep them happy or something..

Ive been with them about 3 months and in all that time id estimate the speeds were ok for about 1 week no more as i test it regulary so enough is enough :confused:

I am trying to get money outa of them first! I will cancell the DD otherwise...Beller do you recom another service?Dont have Smart or NTL was thinking the New Metro Service by Digiweb i and the rest of us deserve a good service...
    I dont trust digiweb..I contacted them a long time ago & them tried to rip me off with a massive connection..(then along came the free trials & that put them back in thier box) I am on BT at the moment (2meg), no complaints speed is always spot on & never any downtime. If you can get Smart I rekon its the best option. If they got this crap about having to go back to eircom before connecting to them sorted I'd sign up with them..If Smart is not available to you I think BT is the best option..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I know it's tempting fate saying something good about IBB, so right now my upload speed is 80kbps. Way to go.

Advertisement