Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimpage on Fitness board

Options
  • 02-09-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I think the amount of pimping that's going on on the Fitness board is unacceptable. First it started with Easygainer, now there's a guy called Mickk pimping his shop and starting a flame war with Easygainer over each others' prices:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=294588

I think if these guys want to make a profit from boards they should at least buy a banner ad instead advertising their stuff for nothing.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ive locked the thread for now.
    the forum mod and the admins can figure out what they want to do with
    a) the thread (although i would just delete)
    and
    b) the users with regads getting them to cough up for an ad
    and
    c) seeing if they want a forum on the sale -> interaction forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Relax there mate don`t piss your pants because someone might be making money shock horror!! If you even bothered to read my initial post you would find I said
    "I don't think I am breaking any rules by posting this but if I am I'm sorry and I'll delete it."
    so just chill out.
    Have a nice day buddy, maybe you should try going down the gym it might relax you a bit.
    Bye bye now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Of course you were breaking the rules, are we to believe you are that stupid? that you didn't know pimping your shop was against boards rules? COP ON

While easygainer does mention he sells certain produtcs, he does offer some very good advise and contributes to the forum regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Mickk wrote:
    Relax there mate don`t piss your pants because someone might be making money shock horror!! If you even bothered to read my initial post you would find I said
    "I don't think I am breaking any rules by posting this but if I am I'm sorry and I'll delete it."
    so just chill out.
    Have a nice day buddy, maybe you should try going down the gym it might relax you a bit.
    Bye bye now

I can see you're really going to fit in here.

No I didn't actually know I was breaking rules, I am not to familiar with this sites rules I have only started posting and if you check you will find I too am now contributing to the board with non shop related advice. Just because I am new to this board I am a regular on alot of the american boards where worse advertising than this goes on and it definately does not mean I am stupid. I am very educated on the subject and a very experienced advanced weightlifter. I was only actually made aware of this forum by someone in my shop who suggested I should post and let everyone know.
    Sorry for any offence caused
    Mickk

• Advertisement

Also whitewashman what do you mean by the sale/interaction forum? Can I pay for a sticky up the top to conduct business and answer questions?
    Let me know
    Thanks Mickk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Mickk wrote:
    I am not to familiar with this sites rules

TRY READING THEM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

TRY READING THEM
    Well said... bravo... GIVE THAT MAN A COOKIE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Point made as delicately as ever, GoneShootin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Mickk wrote:
    Also whitewashman what do you mean by the sale/interaction forum? Can I pay for a sticky up the top to conduct business and answer questions?
    Let me know
    Thanks Mickk

look under the shop catagory, then look in the interactive sub-catagory, and then see that there are a number of commercial businesses with forums where they can put up exactly what you have done.

i would suggest you chat to one of the admins about it.

by the way, you have been registered on this site for the last 7 months. one would assume you have started to understand how it works here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

by the way, you have been registered on this site for the last 7 months. one would assume you have started to understand how it works here.
    Actually he's been registered for the last 19 months, but anyway... He's only posted about 30 times in that 19 months tho, so he's hardly a regular. Still ignorant nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Not so Seb - low posts doesnt mean that he has been reading and browsing boards extensively

Advertisement