Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Parkwest Mast Any Info ?????

• 02-09-2005 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Having terrible trouble with my IBB service. Currently connected to Siac mast but have been told that I will shortly be moving to the Park West Mast which is meant to come online in the near future.

A few questions....

Is anyone else in the same boat ( I'm sure I've seen Parkwest mentioned on these forums in the past )

Will the move improve the service or is it a line of bull****.

Any input welcome :confused:

Tearing my hair out with IBB......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭niallb

There was some maintenance done on the SIAC mast yesterday
    as it was down completely for an hour or so on Wednesday evening.
    We've had some glitches with service over the past weeks, but
    fingers crossed, looking much better today.
    We had some adjustments made to our own radio settings yesterday morning
    which seem to have made all the difference.

NiallB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Niallb,

When you say its working well what figures are you getting for upload & download.

Even simple browsing for me is fustrating.

Being honest I have had enough of IBB and their despicable service :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

getg pingplotter, plot pings to jolt.co.uk for at least 15 mins. post the screenshot here.

i'm getting a lot of packetloss at 62.231.52.157, three hops inside IBB's network. On the phone to em now... again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

I work down in Park west and I dont see any work in place at high points. Yes the service off siac is still dirt. The reason siac was down was due to Clondalkin power outage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭niallb

Well, the reason was their UPS wasn't big enough to handle the power outage :-)

Our link during business hours is often down to barely 40k
    but that seems to be largely 24/1 contention.
    Our main requirement is to keep a VPN open to another office,
    and that is where we've noticed the improvement. we're not
    getting unexplained drops and greyouts.

Here's this mornings ping to SIAC. (62.231.35.225)

100 packets transmitted, 100 received, 0% packet loss, time 99997ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.913/13.145/170.006/22.160 ms

We don't require huge bandwidth, but always on is essential,
    as we run software that requires a license server to be available.
    I'll be keeping a close eye on things though, as I get calls every
    time the link is down for more than several minutes...

NiallB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Wouldn't believe it for a second old bean. Fact is, even if for some mad reason things do improve through better data carriers, more of them and a well-managed infrastructure. You know it will only go to crap again two months down the line because they take on too many customers or aren't looking after things in one fashion or another.

Dump it. If you're on the SIAC site it's very likely you can get DSL. So get it. I have both for a couple of weeks until my last billing weeks used up and it's far superior. Even though its 128k up its performing better in the upload stakes then IBB's 2mb up.

I would steer clear of icebroadbands wireless offering too, they use the same crappy data carrier transits. Dies once you hit London. Problems not just that highsite, it's the network in front of it...

Advertisement