Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Vs. CTYI

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Shiney wrote:
    It would be a disaster in my class if we called the teachers by their first name. The majority of my class are skangers who couldn't careless about anything except drinking and spent the entire religion class mimicking the teacher out loud. They also put the duster on top of the board so one of the teachers who is short couldn't reach it. Most of my teachers respect the hard-working students and are pretty sound teachers.
    Most people in my class have absolutely no respect for teachers or anyone else for that matter.
    That sounds exactly like my school. Ok, I know they're not that far apart, but still...
    I have some really sound teachers who manage to get a bit of respect out of their classes, and some who are good teachers, but just can't control the class. For example, my maths teacher. She's a very good teacher, and she's brilliant at explaining everything, but she simply can't control the class, who spend most of the time shouting or mess-fighting. And to avoid confusion, this is the Honours class.
    And when I said earlier that we're better than other people, I appreciate that some people don't get into CTYI. I was pointing out that we represent a percentage of the population who are better than others. I wasn't saying "We're better than you, take that!", I was saying "We represent people who are of above-average intelligence, listen to what we say." Apoligies for any offence taken to misinterpretations of my meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Do you go to Firchouse Community College?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

God, no. Templeogue College.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Shiney wrote:
    They also put the duster on top of the board so one of the teachers who is short couldn't reach it.
    We did this to my maths teacher. Only he could reach it. So we stuck it to the ceiling. Good times.

He knew we were kidding, though. It was all good natured. *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

People in my old class used to put the chalk on top of the blackboard so my maths teacher couldn't reach it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shidoshi

I notice seem that maths teachers seem to be in the majority in this skanger assault. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well, just so happened that the maths teacher was the shortest with a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Well, I once blinded the shortest teacher in my school with a d8. Funny story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

Shiney wrote:
    It would be a disaster in my class if we called the teachers by their first name. The majority of my class are skangers who couldn't careless about anything except drinking and spent the entire religion class mimicking the teacher out loud. They also put the duster on top of the board so one of the teachers who is short couldn't reach it. Most of my teachers respect the hard-working students and are pretty sound teachers.
    Most people in my class have absolutely no respect for teachers or anyone else for that matter.

Its religion class........ What else are you gonna do? This is what every school all over the country is like... Unless you kick all the people who dont work up to the same standards that you all do out of the school system your still gonna have these problems...

Live with it

There are stories relating to him that would imply similar. There are others about the same incident that would imply the opposite as well but we can take a fair guess where they originate. I didn't actually reply or pay attention though. I just slammed him against the wall he was leaning against and walked on.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight I believe you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

Outcast wrote:
    Hmmm, I felt kind of obliged to reply coz if I don' it'll look like I let you scare me off but you're not going to listen if I make a point so I'm not going to bother *shrugs*...see, I can be all cool and nonchalant as well!

Outcast > Aoibhann Brady

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Joycey wrote:
    Its religion class........ What else are you gonna do? This is what every school all over the country is like... Unless you kick all the people who dont work up to the same standards that you all do out of the school system your still gonna have these problems...

Live with it

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight I believe you ;)
    You don't really know me do you? ;)

Advertisement