Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Orleans

Options
  • 02-09-2005 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello Dublin! Been awhile since the last time I posted, but its me - Tara - used to be on Phantom, now living back in US.

I am sure you are all seeing the horrible pictures coming from New Orleans and the Gulf states. I had the great fortune of visiting that city for my honeymoon. It truely is a unqiue place within the US - rich in history and culture. It was the birth place of many for many modern music genres as well as so many pioneering musicians.

There are a lot of people in need, and a lot of problems in getting aid to them. The response by US governtment agencies is, to put it very polietly -poor. Agenices like the Red Cross and Salvation Army are doing their best, despite the government. The damage done to that area cannot even be measured right now. For some reason, my government is not accepting international aid - but the people there deperately need it.

www.redcross.org

Advertisement