Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PSP Game and Why?

• 02-09-2005 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

As I said in a previous thread, I got my beautiful new PSP yesterday. I also got Ridge Racer, and its simply stuning.

So, what in your opinion is the best PSP game and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

At the moment, Lumines.

I got wipeout to begin with, seeing how it got good reviews and shows off the PSP hardware to some degree, however I found myself getting bored easily.

I picked up lumines a few days later in best buy, clipped it in to the UMD drive and played...for 5 minutes. I was struggling to see the tetris link (aside from the blocks) and was thinking about getting my money back. However, after really sitting down with the game I was hooked! It just keeps on dragging you back to answer questions on which way is best to rack up a high score. It may have a nifty gimmick in the form of the timeline, however there is plenty of depth here and the visuals are quite impressive.

A great puzzle game, but I'd prefer to be able to recommednt a FPS. Guess we will have to just wait and see who can produce a good looking shooter that gets around the PSPs awkward control scheme for that genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i must buy lumines i've heard good things about it.

atm i have ridge racer and metal gear acid which i can't see myself playing the controlling of snake and this turn based system seems way too frustrating.

but i'll give it another go i've only played about 5 minutes of it (20 minute intro aswell).

Advertisement