Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How could she hurt me this much

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

fair play dude, you learned some very valuable lessons, but don't let this ho's actions stop you trusting people in future... ;)
    what goes around comes around and im sure she'll get hers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Amazing how when you heard she had bad mouthed you it made you feel better almost over night...

Anyway, don't get another girlfried for a while, cos even though you might think she's out of your system completely, she wont be, simple things will remind you of her.

And as the old song goes, feel free to join in as well,

its not time to make a change,
    Just relax, take it easy.
    You’re still young, that’s your fault,
    There’s so much you have to know.
    Find a girl, settle down, (ignore this line)
    If you want you can marry.(ignore this line too)
    Look at me, I am old, but I’m happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it’s not easy,
    To be calm when you’ve found something going on.
    But take your time, think a lot,
    Why, think of everything you’ve got.
    For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Son
    How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again.
    It’s always been the same, same old story.
    From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
    Now there’s a way and I know that I have to go away.
    I know I have to go.

It’s not time to make a change,
    Just sit down, take it slowly.
    You’re still young, that’s your fault,
    There’s so much you have to go through.
    Find a girl, settle down,
    If you want you can marry.
    Look at me, I am old, but I’m happy.

Son
    All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
    It’s hard, but it’s harder to ignore it.
    If they were right, I’d agree, but it’s them you know not me.
    Now there’s a way and I know that I have to go away.
    I know I have to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I am with Shabadu on this one, seriously dude what are you doing?

Firstly, what exactly did she do to you that was so horrible? Seems to me that she simply broke up with you. After a bit of cold sholder sure, but everyone does that, they need to work up the courage to actually break up with someone, and to be sure they want to do it. So she didn't talk to you much and then told you it was over? Would you have handled it better if she had out of the blue told you it was over? How exactly would you have lived her to break up with you?? There are a lot more horrible ways to find out your girlfriend wants to see someone else. To me she did the honourable thing and ended it with you rather than cheating behind your back.

It is not someone fault if they don't want to go out with you any more. These thing just happen. Believing she is the second coming of satan might make you feel better in the short term but it isn't exactly health, or very fair on her.

Secondly, she seems to have only told you about the other guy cause you get hassling her for the "real reason" ... now she told you and you hate her even more. Your response to all this has been completely and totally over the top. You need to get over this "i am going to die" crap. First loves are always hard to get over, but wallowing in self pity isn't going to help anyone. Also believing she is a heartless bitch is being very unfair, and not a particularly healthy way to think if you want future relationships with women. You are talking all this way way to personally. Cause she doesn't want to go out with you anymore doesn't mean she is a bitch or it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you. She is just moving on after a 2 year relationship, happens all the time. You are going to meet girls who are more into you than you are into them, and when you break up with them cause its the best thing to do remember this experience and see if you still hate your ex-girlfriend.

And for the love of god stop contacting her!! Seriously, no more contact even if you have to delete her number and get a mate to watch you 24/7. You are so far into bunny boiler territory I wouldn't be surprised if she is thinking of restraining orders at this stage!! I am totally not surprised she is saying she is "Well rid of you", look how you have been acting towards her!! Seriously, sending her flowers after she has already said "why are u still texting me" is only going to scare the s**t out of her. You are never going to get her back, but at the same time you want to hold on to some dignity.

Dont be so Emo about it tho, stop listening to FFAF and MCR :D

Na seriously, dont ever think about killing yourself, its just stupid like, people change and theres nothing u can do about it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

well, the three weeks are pretty much up. Have you had any word back? *wince*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

well its all over. she left me on hold the last month, shes back in college now a week and hasnt asked to see me. told me last night shes "seeing someone, but not going out with them" this person lives 200 miles away from her. shes basically being with him when she sees him. this hurt as i know the person in question vageuly. was very upset last night about it, but today i saw some emails she wrote to a friend of hers over the weekend and she said some really horrible things about me in them like "im well rid of him" and crap like that.

the funny thing is, that has really helped me, knowing shes not the person i thought she was. im actually getting over it now since reading the emails. she doesnt deserve me, and i dont deserve to be treated the way she did to me.
    so im almost over her. anyone in a similiar position...my advice is to talk to people about it. it really helps. surround yourself with friends...do things to keep your mind occupied. right now im concentrating on looking for a new girlfriend. sure it might not be a good idea but it helps.
    thanks for the help ppl.

Do people not bother reading all the thread any more before commenting... the amount of aftertiming posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

congrats on moving on heartbroken, your on the road to recovery, you do deserve better. Good luck in the future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

today i saw some emails she wrote to a friend of hers over the weekend and she said some really horrible things about me in them like "im well rid of him" and crap like that.
    She obviously is well rid of you if you've stalked her with texts, phone calls and flowers since she broke up with you and then started reading her email?!

Catch yourself on OP. Women can make us a bit crazy at times but you have to try and keep some dignity together instead of acting like a psycho. You've probably scared the daylights out of the poor girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Before I go any further I want to say well done to Illegal Alien (scroll up a bit and read his post) fantastic story.

And to the OP, well done also, your not over her but your seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My advice is don't waste your time hating her or missing her or anything...she's not worth it. Out of sight out of mind out of your life.

Best advice I got after my break up a few months ago was "The only way to get over one is to get under another, and another, and another..." so go out now, have some fun if you find something along the way you'll be better equipped now to handle the situation. Live your life man that chapters over now start a new one. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement