Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from PI for absolutely NO reason

Options
  • 02-09-2005 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I never even posted there since joining. And I get this when I try to view the forum:
    Gonzolas, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Gonzolas wrote:
    I never even posted there since joining. And I get this when I try to view the forum:

i think your post on this thread is enough to get you banned.

exact post here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Unhelpful comments on a PI thread = ban. It's probably for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You're only banned for a week !!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Gonzolas

That is insane. I was being serious. If anyone watches the Trisha show, you will see that they offer free advice for couples with relationship difficulties, and free counselling services afterwards. My comment was in no way offensive or unhelpful.

Simple a case of a mod with an itchy finger in my opinion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If the Trisha show offers guidance and counselling to people banned from an Internet forum then I think you should definitely go on there.

• Advertisement

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? Just because the mod didn't interpret my comment the way it was intended, does not mean I should be banned in my opinion. It was akin to saying "I think you two should go to a relationship counsellor".

I don't know what you are trying to achieve with smart comments. I have a genuine case here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ecksor wrote:
    If the Trisha show offers guidance and counselling to people banned from an Internet forum then I think you should definitely go on there.

hahahahaha....classic. In fairness it wasn't the worst thing you could have posted but it does warrent a short temp ban so in future you'll keep such wit to the humour or cuckoos nest forums :D

Kinda humourous though. Also - do not incur the wrath of AH mods.

Why does it warrant a short temp ban? I don't understand. Look up on google or something what the show offers to people, particularly with relationship difficulties. It can actually be quite helpful and the majority of the time, situations are resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your opinion matters not.

Gonzolas wrote:
    I don't know what you are trying to achieve with smart comments. I have a genuine case here.

Excuse me? My comment was in no way offensive or unhelpful.

• Advertisement

Look I will accept the ban if I can just be told what rule I broke. I spent time reading the charter for Personal Issues and can't see what rule has been broken.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ecksor wrote:
    Excuse me? My comment was in no way offensive or unhelpful.
    pwn3d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ecksor while you are here, I always wondered why your post count reverts to 0 after every post. Do you purpousely reset it each time, or is it set to always be at 0?

Just curious....

and to stay on topic, eh.....It was a satirical remark gonzso that regardless of your genuine opinion you knew would invoke such wrath :D

It wasn't satirical in any way and was not intended to be. I didn't break any of the rules for boards.ie or Personal Issues. And now I am banned.

A reason would be nice is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Gonzolas

Honestly just drop it your not making any friends by Whining on , accept your ban The PI thread is very tempermental and why one persons comment might seem totally harmless tehre is other reading the thread you might offend , my first time reading the thread i thought your comment was childish and uncalled for no one advices anyone to go on the trisha show unless there trying to be witty and sarcastic and your none .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I seem to recall setting it like that before I ever knew you.

• Advertisement

Hand bags at dawn , gee you people get so strung up for no reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Gonzolas wrote:
    actually never noticed you said this.

yet you've quite clearly stated that you did post in that forum

Hardly a big deal. I'm sure Merc can provide a link to wherever it was he asked for it anyway.

not if it was a PM ?

Sarge wrote:
    not if it was a PM ?

I don't usually delete PMs.

So no official reason then? Just a random banning by power hungry mod #23421 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, personally i found the line humourous, and today i wouldnt have banned anyone for it, but on another day, i might have.

however, im certainly not going to argue the point.

the ban stays, its only a week, and you will learn in time what you can say on what forums and with what mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You know i actually quite like wwm approach. "Meh, it's an imperfect world, so don't expect me to be perfect". At least it's honest.

Advertisement