Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets for the French match

• 02-09-2005 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

So i've literally been searching everywhere for these, and to no avail :(
    Anybody got any people they might know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Im second in the que if PHB gets tickets!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

/me waves 2 tickets in PHbs and Spider babies faces!!!

heh serisouly tho stupid to be thinking about getting a ticket for a top ireland game 5 days before it. I got mine the day the draw was made so did most.

You may get lucky off a tout outside the game but doubt it.

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If by some stroke of luck If I get struck by lightning ill give you mine ;)

Other then that sell a kidney so you can buy one of a tout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I had tickets, but they of course fell through, bastard wants to go, he doesn't even follow football :/

PHB wrote:
    I had tickets, but they of course fell through, bastard wants to go, he doesn't even follow football :/

Summed up the FAI ticket allocation system in one line.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Should be an amazing atmosphere at this one.

I cant think of the last game when there was an atmosphere at an Ireland game. Holland probably.

Ive been to 2 Irish soccer matches in my life and each one was ****e. The first one was against Turkey and we were seated in the "Restricted Seating" area in the West Stand so we couldnt see the goalmouth where the Irish team got the goal.

The 2nd match was against Albania. Doherty got the winner in the last minute. I was put off by the whole Glasgow Celtic announcer etc. Everything seemed very staged.

If the Irish fans cant get behind their team for the France game then they never will.

COME ON THE BOYS IN GREEN!!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Way to rub it in there applehunter!!

Man, i hope i get to go to this match. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

Agreed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    I'm not familiar with how it works, what does he mean by 'fell through'? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

My tickets fell through from a person I know.

What they are talking about is FAI filling the stadium with people who don't follow football, which is fine, but they are inturn incredible boring and lead to a ****e atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

There should be a good atmosphere, between bites of the prawn sandwiches anyway, Ill watch it in Dalymount taking advantage of the all pints 3euro offer and get to see how the barstoolers live

PHB wrote:
    What they are talking about is FAI filling the stadium with people who don't follow football, which is fine, but

I dont think its fine, all national game tickets should be sold to season ticket holding EL fans then the remainder sold to the public. Atmosphere may be a bit better....just a bit...

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

bohsman wrote:
    There should be a good atmosphere, between bites of the prawn sandwiches anyway, Ill watch it in Dalymount taking advantage of the all pints 3euro offer and get to see how the barstoolers live

Yeah i reckon ill watch it in dalyer myself should be a good atmosphere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

PHB wrote:
    What they are talking about is FAI filling the stadium with people who don't follow football, which is fine, but they are inturn incredible boring and lead to a ****e atmosphere

Never a truer word said. It makes for a muck atmosphere and they'll be lucky to get a decent crowd for the french game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

I cant think of the last game when there was an atmosphere at an Ireland game. Holland probably.

Ive been to 2 Irish soccer matches in my life and each one was ****e. The first one was against Turkey and we were seated in the "Restricted Seating" area in the West Stand so we couldnt see the goalmouth where the Irish team got the goal.

The 2nd match was against Albania. Doherty got the winner in the last minute. I was put off by the whole Glasgow Celtic announcer etc. Everything seemed very staged.

If the Irish fans cant get behind their team for the France game then they never will.

COME ON THE BOYS IN GREEN!!!!!!!!! :D
    was that the match when Jason Mc Ateer got the winner? great atmosphere at that match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

FM104 has 2 tickets if you txt in like 2 billion times u mite have a hope of not winning but making them a fortune :rolleyes:

ANyway cant get tickets anywhere for this! looks like a few cans and the TV or down the local to soak up atmosphere! will prob be better there than in Landsdown anyway with there stupid FAI crowd!!! we still doing that stupid flag thing when teams come out?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

my tikkys in the bag, cant wait to go now, i went to the crap China game, romanian game, croatia game and other crap games over the last 5 years so i'd be garaunteed tickets for this!! it feels like its all worth it now!!

COME ON THE BOYS IN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

dont worry lads, all the qualifying games have a class atmosphere, even the cyprus game earlier in the year had a brillianty atmosphere!

90% of people at the qualifiers are REAL fans, going by the atmosphere anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

KdjaC wrote:
    all national game tickets should be sold to season ticket holding EL fans

kdjac

no they shouldnt. tickets should be placed on general sale to the entire population of the country.

firstly, in a complete block booking system for the entire qualifiers. then a certain amount on general sale to the public for each match.

I dont want to stand in the Shed down in Dalymount watching Bohs and UCD kick lumps out of each other on a Wednesday night thanks very much, but I would be more than happy to pay whatever it costs to go to every qualifier, home and away if needs be.

So you dont want to support the local game but then want to go the internationls!

Sorry but your so wrong. The people who support their local EL teams should get 1st pirority in tickets for all of irelands games.

If that doesnt make sense to you then you done deserve to go to any games, You can always go off and watch a Man Utd game though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Too right.. Eircom League follows seem to have some sort of perception that ye are superior for some reason or another.. Bollox to that.. You take crap football seriously and think that its a positive things?

• Advertisement

Too right.. Eircom League follows seem to have some sort of perception that ye are superior for some reason or another.. Bollox to that.. You take crap football seriously and think that its a positive things?

Nice try in trying to troll there JTG, but as usual your wrong.

jank wrote:
    Sorry but your so wrong. The people who support their local EL teams should get 1st pirority in tickets for all of irelands games.

bullsh1t, people who coach at schoolboy/amateur level should get first shout and they do. after that it sohlud be people who go to EVERY game, whether it be china or brazil. the structure is good now, when the new stadium is built we'll see how many buy a 10 year ticket, i'll deffo be gettin mine!

If the quality of a product isnt to my liking, Im more than free to seek a better standard in another market right? Hence, I purchase my club football in England as it is better than in Ireland.

Unlike you maybe, I have an interest in tactics, coaching and the technical points of the game and really, I cant satisfy that down in Dalymount, mores the pity.

If tickets for Ireland games went on sale to the general populus, without any kind of discrimination, then the people most interested in getting them would get them. Purely because people would be willing to camp outside ticketmaster to get them.

The current block booking, I know a bloke who's granda works for Eircom, type scenario is ridiculous.

I guarantee everyone on this forum knows at least one cabbage who has corporate tickets he normally gives away but will use himself for this game. I know 6 guys alone doing this.

if tickets went on general sale it would be the worse thing the FAI could ever do. touting would be MORE rampant than it already is, and there'd be too many fairweather supporters at the games, just cause they got lucky with their credit card. of course eircom are goin to hand out corperate tickets, but the amount of money they're putting in to the domestic and international game, who'd begrudge the corperate cabbages a few tickets??

i get my tickets because of me and me dads involvement in schoolboy soccer, i've been going to games since i was 6, and my aul lad has being going to every game since '87. and the funny thing is the block booking scheme has ensured that most fans at these games are similar.

the only time i see a crap atmosphere at ireland games is friendlies (where tickets usually go on general sale) like the italian game. even the smallest teams get a raptourous reception when its a qualifyer.

vinny wrote:
    who'd begrudge the corperate cabbages a few tickets

simply put, I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

jank wrote:
    So you dont want to support the local game but then want to go the internationls!

If that doesnt make sense to you then you done deserve to go to any games, You can always go off and watch a Man Utd game though :rolleyes:

Well i go to every international - Not this one though because i can't get tickets.
    I don't watch my local EL team but the players i go to see in the international don't play in the EL so why would I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

jank wrote:

Not everyone in Ireland has a local Eircom League team to supoort :rolleyes:

Not everyones local Eircom League team plays football either. A lot of them play a GAA/Rugby Hybrid.

and the way some EL fans behave you wouldnt want them at internationals anyway

• Advertisement

You are right VinnyL. The people involved in the grass roots level should also get 1st priority in getting tickets. These as far as im aware are pretty looked after.

Letting tickets go on general sale for a match like this is a ridiculous idea. Just look at the u2 concerts. The touts cleaned up for them and it would only be lucky few that would get tickets as the "sold out" sign would be out up after 20 minutes or so in any case.

In that regard maybe the GAA system although not perfect could be looked upon more favourably then the current FAI one.
    Only a handfull of tickets fot the all ireland finals get into the hand of touts. The vast majority of tickets go to the real fans, although of course with any big sporting event there is a corporate element to it.
    Out of 83,000 tickets only about 10 are on ebay which isnt bad imo.
    GAA fans will also sell spare tickets to other fans at FACE VALUE. Thats unique imo.

There is no perfect system of course, but to encourage the local game and to try and give a little incentive to those who attend the local league games then I think Priority tickets should be given to these fans.
    After all a stronger domestic game is better for us all isnt it??
    But I cant understand the hostility towards EL supporterts by other non eircom league fans. I just dont get it.

Mayeb if these fans had tickets for the france game they might change their tune a little. Better still go to a EL match sometime!

Football is football you should love it in all shapes or form.
    Not everyone in Ireland has a local Eircom League team to supoort

Can you give me an example of what you mean by this!?
    and the way some EL fans behave you wouldnt want them at internationals anyway

You should know better not to tar everyone with the same brush. The flags that you see and the drums that you hear at ireland games mostly belong to the same set of these fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

VinnyL wrote:
    90% of people at the qualifiers are REAL fans, going by the atmosphere anyway!!
    KdjaC wrote:
    all national game tickets should be sold to season ticket holding EL fans
    With all the talk of atmosphere, Real fans, who deserves a ticket etc I am beginning to wonder if I deserve the ticket I have
      I am 33 years old.
      I have followed the Republic of Ireland since the qualifying rounds of the 1982 world Cup
      The first Republic of Ireland game I was at was v Cameroon in the 2002 World Cup
      Since then I have been to every competitive fixture in Lansdowne and most of the friendlies
      I have been to one competitive away game and one friendly away game
      I have never supported an EL club
      I have been to one EL Div 1 game in my life; it was cold and a 0-0 draw, and was utter s**te
      My nearest EL club is now 15 miles away, but from time to time clubs have been as far as 50 miles away or as close and 2 miles.
      I do not support a British or European club side
      I have been to total of approx 10 Premiership\Championship\FA cup\ Champions league \pre-season friendly games outside Ireland
      I have been to see Celtic once at Parkhead

Am I a REAL fan ?

por wrote:
    I am 33 years old.
    I have followed the Republic of Ireland since the qualifying rounds of the 1982 world Cup
    The first game I was at was v Cameroon in the 2002 World Cup
    Since then I have been to every competitive fixture in Lansdowne and most of the friendlies
    I have been to one EL Div 1 game in my life; it was cold and a 0-0 draw, and utter s**te
    My nearest EL club is now 15 miles away, but from time to time clubs have been as far as 50 miles away or as close and 2 miles.
    I have been to total of approx 10 Premiership\Championship\FA cup\ Champions league \pre-season friendly games outside Ireland

Am I a REAL fan ?

por, the bit in bold has nothing to do with being a fan of ireland. celtic have NO connection with irish football, full stop. i'm a big liverpool supporter it doesnt malke me any less irish.

por, look at the list of the games you've been to, i'm sure you've got a wardrobe full of ireland programmes and stubbs from them games, your the type of person that i hope has a great night wednesday night.

my definition of a real fan is someone who goes to all the games, friendly or competitive, sings their hearts out, rain hail or shine, and generally contributes to supporting the team! and i'm telling you, 90% of the people at the qualifiers are like this!!
    jank wrote:
    You should know better not to tar everyone with the same brush. The flags that you see and the drums that you hear at ireland games mostly belong to the same set of these fans

jank, i know the EL clubs are vital to the atmosphere at landsdown, look at the north terrace wednesday night and see. but the EL fans who have tickets now are the good ones.

at the shels games i got to, the Dutch Gold Brigade ruin most of the friendly atmosphere, scum i would not like to see wearing a green shirt in landsdown. along with the bad sections of rovers and bohs fans, theres a scum element to all EL teams which thank god dont seem to get tickets to the qualifiers as it is.

ank, i know the EL clubs are vital to the atmosphere at landsdown, look at the north terrace wednesday night and see. but the EL fans who have tickets now are the good ones.

at the shels games i got to, the Dutch Gold Brigade ruin most of the friendly atmosphere, scum i would not like to see wearing a green shirt in landsdown. along with the bad sections of rovers and bohs fans, theres a scum element to all EL teams which thank god dont seem to get tickets to the qualifiers as it is.

I agree with you there. However that bad element are jus itnerested in causing trouble and getting drunk at some selected matches. They wouldnt be arsed forking out the money to pay for a season ticket therefore dont get access to International tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

por wrote:
    With all the talk of atmosphere, Real fans, who deserves a ticket etc I am beginning to wonder if I deserve the ticket I have
      I am 33 years old.
      The first Republic of Ireland game I was at was v Cameroon in the 2002 World Cup
      I have been to one EL Div 1 game in my life; it was cold and a 0-0 draw, and was utter s**te

Am I a REAL fan ?

Fairweather Johnny Come Lately Wannabe by the sounds of it :D

PS
    to any mods looking in
    thats a mildly amusing tongue in cheek response which really doesn't deserve bannings for my sponsors. thanks.

and I GOT NO TICKET too !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Draupnir wrote:
    I dont want to stand in the Shed down in Dalymount watching Bohs and UCD kick lumps out of each other on a Wednesday night thanks very much, but I would be more than happy to pay whatever it costs to go to every qualifier, home and away if needs be.

Then you are not a football fan, you are an event junkie. All your talk of "having an interest in tactics etc" is a load of crap if you think football is a "product" you can "purchase". Where do you think coaches start off. They WATCH FOOTBALL LIVE. They'd go across the field to watch a team, they watch schoolboys playing, they watch local league teams, they visit games in other countries.

If football was a "product" you could switch on on a Saturday afternoon, then Brian Kerr would have no need to travel to Lens to watch France playing the Faroe Islands, he could just watch it on the TV. But watching football on the TV doesn't give you any idea about facilities, hostility of supoprters, off-the-ball movemenets, and loads of other things that I wouldn't be qualified enough to even think of. All of which makes your ridiculous comment about "tactics" a bit pathetic, and your grasp on the concepts of football looks even worse by the comment about Irish clubs playing some kind of "GAA/rugby hybrid". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This is the same stupid EL rubbish we get in so many threads around here. The guys who go to EL games should DEFINITELY NOT be given first preference over other people for tickets. I have very little interest in the EL. I used to be as season ticket holder at Bray Wanderers but I stopped getting it coz the games by and large were just boring. I support Leeds Utd and have done all my life. I have played football since I was 12years old and I continue to play senior football in the Leinster Football League to this day. I fail to see why you think going to an EL game should mean you should get an Irish ticket. What makes me any less deserving of a ticket than the next Irish soccer fan? All of my mates are huge soccer fans but none of us follow the EL. We will follow all the European games but that’s it. But when it comes to following Ireland we are the biggest fans you are going to get. Believe me we would pay any money for tickets to any game but we don’t know how to get them!! We are stuck going to friendly games.

I would give up my right arm to go the France game and I would gladly buy a 5 year ticket or whatever but I don’t know how or where to buy it. I know two guys who have tickets for every Irish game and this is because they have a friend of a friend of a guy who is involved with Bohs who got them tickets. What the hell sort of way is this to decide who gets tickets and who doesn’t? I have managed to go to 2 Irish competitive games in the last 5 years by pure luck in that one of those guys couldn’t make it to the game so he gave me his ticket. That’s what im left with!! Would all you EL guys just wise the hell up and stop thinking the sun shines out of your arse. I am fairly certain I would be a much bigger soccer fan than most of you and I have played the game for years but im stuck with no ticket because the system is just terrible. Nobody knows how to buy tickets. Its just another absolute joke of a thing by the FAI.

kingp: i know its poxy not gettin tickets, but most people tomorrow night are like you and have tickets. the system isnt perfect but its damn good, i'm yet to witness a bad atmosphere at any qualifyer.

when the new landsdown opens you'll deffo have your 10 year ticket then

VinnyL wrote:
    . the system isnt perfect but its damn good,

Not in my opinion.

The ticket allocation stinks. They don't actually have an allocation process. just an old boys club. I know of some participants in this arrangement.

As a kid, I used buy my ticket in Elverys. they were available to anybody who wanted to support the Irish team.
    In Euro 88, only about 10,000 travelled. Getting a ticket was the preserve of the real fan.

Today, you have to know somebody who knows somebody to get one.
    I am a member of a junior club, have passed the FAI referee course and have the FAI manager's certificate and still cannot get one.

tickets for the fans my arse.

Kingp35 wrote:
    This is the same stupid EL rubbish we get in so many threads around here. The guys who go to EL games should DEFINITELY NOT be given first preference over other people for tickets. I have very little interest in the EL. I used to be as season ticket holder at Bray Wanderers but I stopped getting it coz the games by and large were just boring. I support Leeds Utd and have done all my life. I have played football since I was 12years old and I continue to play senior football in the Leinster Football League to this day. I fail to see why you think going to an EL game should mean you should get an Irish ticket. What makes me any less deserving of a ticket than the next Irish soccer fan? All of my mates are huge soccer fans but none of us follow the EL. We will follow all the European games but that’s it. But when it comes to following Ireland we are the biggest fans you are going to get. Believe me we would pay any money for tickets to any game but we don’t know how to get them!! We are stuck going to friendly games.

I would give up my right arm to go the France game and I would gladly buy a 5 year ticket or whatever but I don’t know how or where to buy it. I know two guys who have tickets for every Irish game and this is because they have a friend of a friend of a guy who is involved with Bohs who got them tickets. What the hell sort of way is this to decide who gets tickets and who doesn’t? I have managed to go to 2 Irish competitive games in the last 5 years by pure luck in that one of those guys couldn’t make it to the game so he gave me his ticket. That’s what im left with!! Would all you EL guys just wise the hell up and stop thinking the sun shines out of your arse. I am fairly certain I would be a much bigger soccer fan than most of you and I have played the game for years but im stuck with no ticket because the system is just terrible. Nobody knows how to buy tickets. Its just another absolute joke of a thing by the FAI.

So to sum it up who should get the tickets then?
    You and only you I suppose!! ;)

There are loads of people here complaing about not getting tickets and blaming the EL fans more then the FAI and then not even offering a different view on how to distribute them proberly.

The EL allocation is fairly small now.

"I have dont have a ticket, i know some EL guy that got one. How dare HE take MY ticket that I deserve MORE then him" :rolleyes:

Listen to yourself! :)

Kingp35 if your such a big fan why dont you fork out 400 euro and get one off a tout. Like you say your the best fan ever right.

If not that why not come down to the ground and help us sell fanzines for a few hours so we can raise a bit of money for flags, drums etc... for future ireland games. It will make you feel better honestly.

obviously pal, cause you dont have one!! your not gonna be singing its praises if you dont have a ticket.

unfortunately the real fans:tickets ratio is terrible, but when the new landsdown is built we'll have a lot more happy fans.

i dont know ANY sport in the world where everyone is happy with the ticketing system

• Advertisement

VinnyL wrote:
    obviously pal, cause you dont have one!! your not gonna be singing its praises if you dont have a ticket.

what praises ?

How can anybody praise a system that is based upon the boyos at Merrion Square looking after number one ?

where were these guys when we were crap pre Jack Charlton ?

They were happy to take my money then.
    They sold them over the counter FFS !
    Now they're happy to look after their mates and punt the rest out through hospitality deals.

I did get an offer of one, as it happens, but declined as I wasn't disposed to ingratiate myself to the suit 'looking after me'.

I did get an offer of one, as it happens, but declined as I wasn't disposed to ingratiate myself to the suit 'looking after me'.

and your a real fan?? turning down a ticket?? sure you did alright.
    How can anybody praise a system that is based upon the boyos at Merrion Square looking after number one ?

course their gonna look after the FAI.... should delaney and the boys not get any tickets for themselves??
    Now they're happy to look after their mates and punt the rest out through hospitality deals

me and my dad arnt mates with any FAI officials, he runs the schoolboy club in our area. the FAI DO look after schoolboy clubs first, and they should be praised for that.
    where were these guys when we were crap pre Jack Charlton

where were all the FANS pre jack charlton, fans like yourself if you were old enough no doubt

Bateman wrote:
    Then you are not a football fan, you are an event junkie. All your talk of "having an interest in tactics etc" is a load of crap if you think football is a "product" you can "purchase". Where do you think coaches start off. They WATCH FOOTBALL LIVE. They'd go across the field to watch a team, they watch schoolboys playing, they watch local league teams, they visit games in other countries.

If football was a "product" you could switch on on a Saturday afternoon, then Brian Kerr would have no need to travel to Lens to watch France playing the Faroe Islands, he could just watch it on the TV. But watching football on the TV doesn't give you any idea about facilities, hostility of supoprters, off-the-ball movemenets, and loads of other things that I wouldn't be qualified enough to even think of. All of which makes your ridiculous comment about "tactics" a bit pathetic, and your grasp on the concepts of football looks even worse by the comment about Irish clubs playing some kind of "GAA/rugby hybrid". :rolleyes:

As someone who has coached at 4 different clubs in Dublin, high profile ones. Someone who played in trial games for two English clubs as a kid and who has followed and been involved in football in Ireland all his life, I can honestly say, you a very wrong about me not being a football fan. And your assumption that I know nothing of football tactics is ludricrous.

Anyway, thats beside the point.

The fact remains, that very few Eircom League fans that I have ever encountered, know anything about football. At least not the all singing all dancing, mob mentality cabbages. Throwing glasses at players and acting the hard man. What is with the chanting with an English accent aswell?

@jank: I would help out selling fanzines if I could feel assured that half the cash wasnt beer money for the lads. Point me to some sort of offical club website with details of your accounts and transparent business documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

unfortunately the real fans:tickets ratio is terrible
    As it has been said before in this thread, the atmosphere at the qualifiers is great compared to that of the friendlies where tickets go on general sale, so the allocation must be at least nearly right.

Most of the whining about not having tickets is just sour grapes. Not everyone can go obviously.

I only got 3 of my usual allocation of 4 this time, but I think im lucky to get them.
    OMG, you turned down a ticket?

Thats even more silly than people who are openly hostile to the EL wondering why they dont have access to tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jank wrote:

Ha ha! How can you slag someone off for supporting an English club having the sig that you do?

B.

I dont disagree that Eircom League fans should 100% get tickets, in fact I would agree with the season ticket holders idea.

The thing that I am bitter about, is the fact that suits and corporate sponsors get stacks of tickets, take a look over at the west stand tonight, its at least 40% free corporate tickets.

I wouldnt mind if the same person got the corporate ticket to every game, but the fact is, proper football fans get them for the qualifiers against lesser nations and then the muppets who havent a clue get them for the big games.

Dont get me wrong when I argue against eL fans getting them first, I just think that discriminates those of us who dont feel as though eL football is something they want to get involved in.

The fact is, if I lived in Cork I'd be at every City game. However, Shels and Bohs both feel very inaccessible and unattractive to me as clubs.

I was in the North Terrace for the Israel game mixed in with all the Cork fans, and I enjoyed myself more than I ever have before at a football match I wasnt playing in. A great bunch of fans.

There was of course problems with a few dodgy townies in around the ground, blatant gob****es wearing Burberry, giving Nazi salutes and going on about Cafe bombs. Do we really need these cleps at our national games? Nope.

VinnyL wrote:
    me and my dad arnt mates with any FAI officials, he runs the schoolboy club in our area. the FAI DO look after schoolboy clubs first, and they should be praised for that.
    the FAI DO look after schoolboy clubs second, and they should be praised for that. They allocate their own personal lots out first. Still do. Didn't the Genesis report rumble all this.

VinnyL wrote:
    where were all the FANS pre jack charlton, fans like yourself if you were old enough no doubt.
    Not sure what you mean. not sure if you are getting a bit personal here. I have been going for over 30 years now home and away. There were 10,000 only at jack's first game against wales in Lansdowne. hands up who was there ? that doesn't entitle me to a ticket, i know

here's the solution. Give ALL the tickets to the all the clubs in all the leagues the country and let them distribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Draupnir wrote:
    Dont get me wrong when I argue against eL fans getting them first, I just think that discriminates those of us who dont feel as though eL football is something they want to get involved in.
    Lots of people will understand your point, but dont expect much sympathy.

Why not register with the supporters association of the country where you follow football, along with the supporters club of your favourite club? Then you could apply for tickets to go see that country play.

Because I dont need to follow the eircom league to follow Irish football, I have been known to watch other levels of football in this country. Be it going up to Albert College to watch the schoolboys or out to watch St.Kevins in Whitehall or up to the 15 acres on a Sunday to watch some Junior football.

I have even made the occasional trip to watch UCD in Belfield. For my sins!

Just because I find most of the senior football in Ireland to be dominated by a mob mentality amongst club fans and/or the club run by an old gentlemans club, doesnt meant I am not a supporter of football in Ireland.

Pal wrote:

here's the solution. Give ALL the tickets to the all the clubs in all the leagues the country and let them distribute.

thats what is happining pal, trust me, every schoolboy/senior club in the country gets tickets - usually taken by the people who run the schoolboy clubs, and rightly so.

look the system we have is fair. you take a ticket for every game or you wont get any. if clubs were given all the tickets, then the clubs would be giving tickets to family members and friends, and people with nothing to do with the club. now if anyone gets a ticket they cant wait to go. i just got offered 800 for my 2 tickets. just makes me want to go more

• Advertisement
Advertisement