Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets for the French match

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

what about Junior clubs? I ran a Junior club for two years and its still being run by other people, they never get offered tickets? Why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I agree that the system is fair. Opportunities to have tickets:

1. Have had the same allocation from before the time when the team became popular. Tens of thousands in Landsdowne tommorrow night will fall into this category.

2. Have a role in schoolboy football, and get tickets from your club.

3. Be involved in supporters clubs etc. at national league level.

4. Have a financial/corporate involvement in promoting the game in Ireland.

5. Personally know someone in the FAI.

6. Be a lucky git. (Theres about 10 people in this category).

So there you go, if you are out of the loop, you are out of the loop. Its a shame, but not everyone can go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

keith, every club thats an member of an FAI affiliated league (Leinster senior league, Brenfer, DDSL etc. etc.) is entitled to 6 tickets for every game. usually only get about 2 though. problem is clubs dont follow this up. and you have to take tickets from the start of the campaign including all friendlies or you loose your allocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

what about Junior clubs? I ran a Junior club for two years and its still being run by other people, they never get offered tickets? Why is that?
    Give us a break will you? My old man founded a club with one senior team, grew it into a thriving club with a team at every age level and several senior sides pushing for leinster senior contention over 20 years, brought me to games when I was six years old to stand in the rain in Dalymount to watch us get hammered again and we still didnt get our allocation.

I think you underestimate how rare these tickets are.

vinny, thats very interesting. i shall use that information for the next qualifiers.

its an unfortunate system for people like myself, who doesnt want to get involved in a national league senior club and hasnt time to coach right now.

i have no opportunity to enter the block booking system, apart from getting on the waiting list, which i did years ago.

CiaranC wrote:
    Give us a break will you? My old man founded a club with one senior team, grew it into a thriving club with a team at every age level and several senior sides pushing for leinster senior contention over 20 years, brought me to games when I was six years old to stand in the rain in Dalymount to watch us get hammered again and we still didnt get our allocation.

I think you underestimate how rare these tickets are.

I dont underestimate it at all, its the reason they are so rare that annoys me. There will be a heap of people at the game tomorrow with A. no involvement with any team in Ireland at the moment B. Have never had involvement with a club in ireland as a player or coach C. Havent been to 1 other game in this set of qualifiers or at a friendly probably ever.

There will be at least 1000 people at the game on Wednesday who havent used their corporate ticket themselves since the Holland game in 2002.

yea keith make sure you do, lookin at your history with coaching and all that you deserve to get a few tikky's

its funny that most of the tickets up on eBay are from the French allocation, that'll dilute their fans down a good bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

your a bitter man pal! first of all, your club will get loads of tickets based on its size. secondly, putting an ad in the programme isnt corperate involvement... its 1 ad.
    pal wrote:
    3. Be involved in supporters clubs etc. at national league level.
    i notice you didnt respond to this, why not get involved in a supporters club?? too much hassle for ye?
    pal wrote:
    1. Have had the same allocation from before the time when the team became popular. Tens of thousands in Landsdowne tommorrow night will fall into this category.
    Correct. This is the Old Boys Club of which I speak.

how this the old boys club??? these are FANS not golf buddies of the FAI!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

@jank: I would help out selling fanzines if I could feel assured that half the cash wasnt beer money for the lads. Point me to some sort of offical club website with details of your accounts and transparent business documents

Yea sure after spending time writing it up, putting money into our pockets and getting hundreds printed that we just drink it whats left over.

Yea we make loads when its €1 a copy :rolleyes:

Any the proof that we didnt drink it is that we have bought a brand new spanking drum that will be heard all over the ground tomorrow. You will hear it as we gave it a few tests go's at a few cork city matches.
    I was in the North Terrace for the Israel game mixed in with all the Cork fans, and I enjoyed myself more than I ever have before at a football match I wasnt playing in. A great bunch of fans.

Weird, we were probably right next to each other as I get that allocation.... see not all of us are bad :)

As I said no system is perfect but you have to ask around and go to all games so that you will still get the allocation thats due to you like vinny L said. If you dont take up the tickets for the small matches then done expect to go to te bigger ones. It a shame but thats the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Draupnir wrote:
    If the quality of a product isnt to my liking, Im more than free to seek a better standard in another market right? Hence, I purchase my club football in England as it is better than in Ireland.

Unlike you maybe, I have an interest in tactics, coaching and the technical points of the game and really, I cant satisfy that down in Dalymount, mores the pity.

If I was told to write an article on all that's wrong with the modern football fan I genuinley don't think I could sum it up so perfectly even if I wrote a book on it.

Going to Lansedown road has nothing on going to any EL ground, and the reason is simple. Too many people there with that attitude, it's no wonder the atmosphere is utter dirt at Ireland games now. I will be going to this one but probably singing on my own as I often am at Ireland games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally Posted by Draupnir
    If the quality of a product isnt to my liking, Im more than free to seek a better standard in another market right? Hence, I purchase my club football in England as it is better than in Ireland.

Unlike you maybe, I have an interest in tactics, coaching and the technical points of the game and really, I cant satisfy that down in Dalymount, mores the pity.

Heh Silvestre to RVN, Gerrard long pass to Owen....heh tactical.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Draupnir, I don't know if you were watching the Shels-UCD highlights last night on TV3, but I defy you do find ANY game outside Ireland this season with two flashes of individual skill such as what Hurley (UCD) and Hoolahan (whose brother knows a thing or two about tickets) gave last Friday night. Crowe, signed at big wages, seems to be just starting to forge some kind of strike partnership with Jason Byrne, which is kind of interesting, and with Cork and Derry still involved in other competitions, Shels might still run a close title race.

In the Bohs-Rovers game, there was the subtext of some Rovers players playing for next to nothing (but also featuring eL legends such as Sheridan, Kenny, and Molloy), and both teams starting with a lot of raw, young talent. Don't harp on about off-pitch antics, anyone can go to a Bohs-Rovers game and get home safely, and no-one who knows Irish football can claim otherwise. It was a four goal game, Shels-UCD was a six-goal game. There was easily €15 worth of footballing entertainment in both games.

If you are so afraid of people wearing Burberry, and you expect every single person in a football stadium to be a sinless model citizen (which cannot be said of any country in the world, well maybe Japan/Korea), then by all means stay at home and preach from the couch and the action replay. But if you get out, go to a few games, and get talking to other Irish fans, you will come across tickets. But you won't come across many tickets sitting at home on the PC moaning about the state of the eircom League.

I also find it hard to believe (not saying yout're lying or anything) that you have coached at 4 well-known clubs in Dublin, and never got a sniff of a ticket. Did you ever actually ring the FAI and ask? I'm sure the answer to that is yes, but in fairness, you have to stick up for yourself and your branch of the "Irish football family", you have to defend your interests, and you need a bit of persistence in any area of life. I'm not sure whether the FAI read boards.ie (although I know they read foot.ie) but the amount of sour grapes compared to the amount of people that are actually going to do something in life is depressing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

FAI = Football association of IRELAND?

Btw in England where your true love is lads, guess how the tickets to England matches are sorted?

Season ticket holders for any EL club should have precedence over any other fan as simply put the EL is in Ireland the FAI is ehh in ireland ,the national team is a reflection of the league (altho not to the man utd/pool fans who think we should beat France and anyone else).

And to Por no you should not tickets ahead of me simply beacuse you will pay more money than you should have to.

Btw i have tickets, i always get tickets but would prefer to see EL fans at the games cos oh my god the PL/celtic fans embarrass me. By either booing other teams players, or just sitting there.

kdjac

VinnyL wrote:
    your a bitter man pal!

Now that's twice.

VinnyL wrote:
    i get my tickets because of me and me dads involvement in schoolboy soccer, i've been going to games since i was 6, and my aul lad has being going to every game since '87.

Interesting. It appears you and Dad are somewhat in authority at this schoolboy club. Are you saying you get looked after first or are you just lucky to come out of the hat all the time ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

There should be a new rule for fans with EL season tickets. They should get preference over day trippers / man utd / chelsea / which ever team is winning the EPL / "fans".

jubbly wrote:
    There should be a new rule for fans with EL season tickets. They should get preference over day trippers / man utd / chelsea / which ever team is winning the EPL / "fans".

i dont think so. a shels season ticket was only €120 last time bought one, i know many a person who would just buy the season ticket for the ireland games and not go to tolka once.

the EL fans who attend the ireland games now are the life and soul of landsdown. lets keep it like that. the ticket system is fine, its only people who dont get tickets who are complaining, its a hard struggle but when the new stadium is opened 10 year tickets will be up for grabs for EVERYONE!!
    pal wrote:
    Interesting. It appears you and Dad are somewhat in authority at this schoolboy club. Are you saying you get looked after first or are you just lucky to come out of the hat all the time ?

pally pally pal pal. would you be-grudge a man tickets to see ireland after coaching/running a clubs for over 20 years?? we didnt always get them through the club, thats only in the last 5 years, before that there was always a struggle to get tickets.
    pal wrote:
    Now that's twice.
    look pal, if your gonna take every comment sooo seriously then its not worth talkin to you. its amazing how you havnt backed up yourself with any involvement in eircom league/schoolboy/senior/over 65's football or anything?? you just seem to want a ticket! and then when you DO get offered a ticket you turn it down! what do you want????????

where were you for the China game? USA game last year? Romania game? all NOT sellouts

the new stadium is only an extra 10,000 seats:( hardly anything exciting

yea jubbly, but they're offering 10 year tickets to anyone who wants them..... so any of you that are in for the long haul cant complain about not getting tickets then

they would cost a few €u €u I bet. anyone got an idea how much ? might be worth the investment

• Advertisement

VinnyL wrote:
    look pal, if your gonna take every comment sooo seriously then its not worth talkin to you.
    I would appreciate that.

pal wrote:
    I don't want a ticket. I am simply making a point.

so what the hell are you ranting on about then?
    pal wrote:
    I have been going for over 30 years now home and away
    yet you dont want a ticket for possibly the biggest home game in those 30 years?

pal, i'm struggling to find out your position on anything here.

EDIT: Oh and pal, how about READING your posts before you submit them, instead of editing them and taking away all the stuff i've been quoting?? thats TWICE you've done that now

VinnyL wrote:
    so what the hell are you ranting on about then?

yet you dont want a ticket for possibly the biggest home game in those 30 years?

pal, i'm struggling to find out your position on anything here.

EDIT: Oh and pal, how about READING your posts before you submit them, instead of editing them and taking away all the stuff i've been quoting?? thats TWICE you've done that now

Cheerio Vinny. Enjoy the game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, i reckon with the new stadium it will be as difficult if not more so for the genuine fans to get tickets as more tickets will be sold to corporate hosp as it will be a more attractive venue.

there is an argument that the corporate whore bags contribute alot to the grass roots game in ireland by paying way over the odds for thier tickets...giving the fai more money to invest.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

RuggieBear wrote:
    there is an argument that the corporate whore bags contribute alot to the grass roots game in ireland by paying way over the odds for thier tickets...giving the fai more money to invest.....

I see the logic there, but unfortunately your theory falls down at the part where the FAI get all this nice money and invest it in grass roots or anything worthwhile.

pal wrote:
    Cheerio Vinny. Enjoy the game....

ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Slash/ED wrote:
    I see the logic there, but unfortunately your theory falls down at the part where the FAI get all this nice money and invest it in grass roots or anything worthwhile.

well tbh, i've no idea how the FAI spend its money but this is the argument i've heard the IRFU use thru interviews with sympathetic journalists...

Once Lansdowne Road is a proper all seater modern stadium, the corporate hosp brigade will be massive.

but when the 10 year tickets go on sale the general public will have dibs on them too, so anyone who cant get tickets now and wants them bad enough will grab a 10 year!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

KdjaC wrote:
    the EL is in Ireland the FAI is ehh in ireland ,the national team is a reflection of the league

You're having a laugh aren't you? How can the Ireland team in any way at all be a reflection of the league when not 1 Eircom League player is on the team? If anything, the Irish National team is more a reflection of the English Premiership and Championship seeing as that's where all the players play (expect for Ian Harte of course).

KdjaC wrote:
    the EL is in Ireland the FAI is ehh in ireland ,the national team is a reflection of the league

You're having a laugh aren't you? How can the Ireland team in any way at all be a reflection of the league when not 1 Eircom League player is on the team? If anything, the Irish National team is more a reflection of the English Premiership and Championship seeing as that's where all the players play (expect for Ian Harte of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

AH the system works!
    The real fans do get the tickets
    Many thanks to the Gentleman from swords who sold me a ticket before the game last night at face value :)

jesus egan you got lucky there!!

2 fans behind me shouldnt have gotten tickets mind ye.. racist pr*cks.

we really did lift the roof, just what brian kerr wanted!

LFCFan wrote:

I think the point he was making is that people should only be entitled to have high expectations of their international team if they are putting some kind of effort in football, be it getting involved with junior teams, or going to eL games. Or to put it better, you onbly get out of anything the same as you put in.

Bateman wrote:
    I think the point he was making is that people should only be entitled to have high expectations of their international team if they are putting some kind of effort in football, be it getting involved with junior teams, or going to eL games. Or to put it better, you onbly get out of anything the same as you put in.
    well, that's a crock of poo!

LFCFan wrote:
    well, that's a crock of poo!

Well if you're not putting anything into the game, how can you feel entitled to have any kind of expectations of getting anything out of it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

VinnyL wrote:

where were you for the China game? USA game last year? Romania game? all NOT sellouts

USA ???

I missed that one, I was at the Canada match though!

Advertisement