Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp Rocks!!!

Options
  • 02-09-2005 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone, I just updated my PSP to v2 and it rocks. I'm writing this on my PSP at a wireless hotspot. The interface is fantastic and very simple to use. How can you not love this machine.It does everything, movies, music, video, games, internet and loads more. I can't believe how well Sony has made this gadget.

This is not an advertisement :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is there a web browser on version 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

That is the stupidest question iv'e ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

yup very stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how is it stupid, i don't know either, i haven't got my psp on v2.0 so i wouldn't know

The OP stated he was using the psp to write this in a wireless hotspot, now tell me, how could he manage to post on a interent forum, without sometype of browser?

• Advertisement

i've seemed to have skipped over that line lol :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

The OP stated he was using the psp to write this in a wireless hotspot, now tell me, how could he manage to post on a interent forum, without sometype of browser?

The wipeout browser exploit perhaps?

Cant you people read? read the first post, he upgraded to fireware 2.0 and was telling us this via the psp from a wireless hotspot! !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Nope, still on the psp here, i downloaded the latest update for the psp and it has an internet browser on it. it rocks.

i basically want to get the reaction of other people who also have one and are using the internet browser. and the general repsonse of the people to the use of the psp.

it wasn't a question... it was a statement.

i love my jap psp, it does everything i want it to do except browse the net through a hotspot.

reason being i would like to set up homebrew soon enough - when i get a chance - and at the moment you cannot do that on v2.0.

• Advertisement

Thanks for explaining that to the idiots that asked you if it had a browser when you clearly stated it had in your first post. ;)

I beg to differ. I bought mine in the US in March. So maybe there is different release dates for the internet browser for the US psp and the jap PSP.

Why do you doubt me?

WHAT? i dont doubt you at all! im annoyed at the idiots that ask you if it has a browser when you stated it did in your first post!! i know it has a browser, your using it now!! "hello im using my psp's new browser that comes with the firmware update to post this right now" (is basically what you said, which i have no problem with what so ever) and then 2 people basically said "does it have a built in browser" that cleared up?

I wasn't talking to you grumpy.thanks for the support

WHAT? i dont doubt you at all! im annoyed at the idiots that ask you if it has a browser when you stated it did in your first post!! i know it has a browser, your using it now!! "hello im using my psp's new browser that comes with the firmware update to post this right now" (is basically what you said, which i have no problem with what so ever) and then 2 people basically said "does it have a built in browser" that cleared up?
    irish grumpy his last post was aimed at me.

the internet browser comes on v2.0

as of yet i haven't updated my firmware from 1.5 and don't intend to as you cannot at the moment run homebrew on v2.0

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

(Don't upgrade to 2.0)

Oh lol sorry, jEzz this topic has gone to **** coz of me, wooops.. :rolleyes: but again, i stand by my stupidest question post, :D

it's okay we all make mistakes :p

Cremo wrote:
    irish grumpy his last post was aimed at me.

the internet browser comes on v2.0

as of yet i haven't updated my firmware from 1.5 and don't intend to as you cannot at the moment run homebrew on v2.0

Yeah i know but hank stated in his first post, he was using his psp to browse the interent now that the firmware allows it. Thats why Pacifico's question is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Oh lol sorry, jEzz this topic has gone to **** coz of me, wooops.. :rolleyes: but again, i stand by my stupidest question post, :D

Good for you

• Advertisement

Let's get this back on topic

what do other people who have the internet browser on the psp think of the added fun to the psp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I will be getting my one soon. I hear it is supposed to be good. Any good racing games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I got my PSP yesterday, and havent really had a chance to play with it yet.

Is the firmware auto updated when you first go online?

Upgrading has big advantages, but do you lose a lot of the current hacks if you are using version 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I will be getting my one soon. I hear it is supposed to be good. Any good racing games

RidgeRacer
    Wipeout Pure

I'm not into racing games but i'm sure all the classics will be out. I don't use hacks on my psp simply because i love it too much. I only put legit stuff from sony on it and it does everything I want and more. The firmware update came with an update for the music player, can play mp4 and wav now and also a theme so you can put your own pic as a wallpaper rather than the colour or you can select your own background colour. I just left it on to change once a month and it's great like that. The web browser is impressive though. I've been waiting since march to get that. Well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

how does the typing work on the web browser

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It's a bit like the txt entry on a mobile where you navigate around the keypad with the arrow buttons. Dont upgrade, it isnt worth losing the homebrew just for the web browser, expecially considering that a load of games come with web browsers built in that you can use just as well.

Well I have the usb keyboard that rolls up. It's quite small and it's easy to use and travel with.

What's this home brew? If you want to use programmes that aren't designed for the psp by sony you'll probably end up wrecking it. I'm just going to use sony's releases because of that.

I've heard of people downloading extraneous programmes designed by other people to play movies and music and it just crashed their psp and it doesn't work anymore.

I trust sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

what kind of homebrew software should we be expecting to see?
    Isn't there a site with software to downgrade your firmware??

Whats the story with these iso dumpers and stuff,any links to have a gawk at?
    Hopefully i'll be getting my psp tomorrow....

Hakko

• Advertisement
Advertisement