Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Questions

• 02-09-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Right so couple of questions:

I have to replace my iPod is it worth doing it with the PSP or is physical size and cost of memory enough to hold me back?

Also my brother got one (reason i have to ask the first is coz he wont let me use for more the 5 minutes.) and since he has set up the wireless on it, it keeps crashing my wireless network, and i have to reset my wireless router, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

A PSP would not be a good replacment for an ipod. A 2gb memory stick is about the same price as a 20gb ipod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

not worried about cost(well i am but lets pretend not!) but i am not gonna carry both around.... so i either buy a psp or new ipod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well psp is like 3 ipods, in mass. You do get a remote control with the psp so you could access the music as easily BUT, if you have massive pockets and your jeans dont keep falling off like mine then go for it, assuming u will only fit 2 gb of music max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

If its only a music device ur interested in then get an ipod, the psp music menus are pretty ****e and the memory cards are a rip off.

i suppose it is a question of whether i will keep playing the psp!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

TBH, no man. The size of the ting and your constant worry (well my main worry anyway) of "Is the screen okay?!... I hope I haven't scratched the screen...argh, i sat on my pocket just then...IS THE SCREEN OKAY!?". The thing is a beautiful piece of kit, but in its current incarnation needs to be handled like a new born baby, whereas an iPod can withstand a direct nuclear hit...or so I hear..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Get a screen protector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

in this case your best choice is a iriver or ipod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

get an i-audio x5. my mate got one and it plays movies aswell. its €390 but money doesn't seem to be an issue. in your position i'd go for that

a lot to think about, well i wont make my decision till i see what liberty city and pes5 look like.

any help on why my wlan keeps crashing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Try switching the channel that the PSP is using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Laguna wrote:
    TBH, no man. The size of the ting and your constant worry (well my main worry anyway) of "Is the screen okay?!... I hope I haven't scratched the screen...argh, i sat on my pocket just then...IS THE SCREEN OKAY!?". The thing is a beautiful piece of kit, but in its current incarnation needs to be handled like a new born baby, whereas an iPod can withstand a direct nuclear hit...or so I hear..

I felt the same for a few weeks but its actually a lot sturdier than it looks and you kinda get used to it. I've dropped mine on a wooden floor amongst other things and it's still absolutely perfect.

Advertisement