Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE Institute

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

tripper wrote:
    Yeah my da is insisting at the moe but that might change

ah let him go, he'll probably want to see if its worth €5,650! I presume your interview is on Wednesday? Good Luck and I guess Ill see ya there next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

yurp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

d4gurl wrote:
    Why oh why would you do that!!! When i went for my interview the guidance councilor said there is no need to do extra grinds or whatever because you would just be getting the same notes!! Let me ask you did the people who did the revision courses and go to the institute do really well in there LC? I personally would find it far to confusing!! Oh Abercrombie what chemisrty book do you have? Because I have chemistry Live and the rapid revision book is written by the same guy so i find it easier to follow! That said is the less stress more easier?
    yeah i have that book too but i also have a book called Understanding Chemistry (changed teachers hlf way through the year) which i find must easier to study and revise from! personally i find Chemistry Live kinda confusing...things are explained simpler i think in the other book...so i kinda work at school from chemistry live and at home i revise what i did in class by the other book so i actually understand it! lol

ohrite cul! I think i may invest in Understanding Chemistry! At least I know I will be getting a super Chemistry teacher in the institute! My one at my old school a sarcastic nut job who liked to say things like " Harry Potter eat your heart out" or "now ladies I dont care where you were at the weekend you can talk about wezley or the likes some other time!" Lol and we would just all look at her and go wesley?does she think were 14? lmao! Great entertainment shame she couldnt teach! ok now ive jus gone on for way to long! :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

d4gurl wrote:
    ohrite cul! I think i may invest in Understanding Chemistry! At least I know I will be getting a super Chemistry teacher in the institute! My one at my old school a sarcastic nut job who liked to say things like " Harry Potter eat your heart out" or "now ladies I dont care where you were at the weekend you can talk about wezley or the likes some other time!" Lol and we would just all look at her and go wesley?does she think were 14? lmao! Great entertainment shame she couldnt teach! ok now ive jus gone on for way to long! :D :P
    lol my teacher is great...we have fun, mess around but also learn stuff thank fully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

tripper hi there yeah think im goin after mid term or somethin how are you getting on how do you find it etc just curious im kinda terrified
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Yeah its well worth it i already notice my results going up, most of the teachers are deadly but there a still a few that are sh!te. Its alot of work though but still no need to be terrified.

cheers :)

Its tough the institute and you have to keep up with the work. Like you dont get a lot of homework but you get a lot of tests!! Take this week I had six!! three today!! So if you can handle the work you are going to work then go! Its a great laugh everyone is sound! Teachers dont treat you like kids they treat you like adults! Good atmosphere etc...good luck with the decision

interview tomorrow we'll see how that goes
    thanks anyway

• Advertisement

Good Luck! :D You will love the institute!

wuhoo im in:D

See u tomorrow :D!

nope starting after mid term :)

Hey but we dont get a mid term! How unfair and you still manage to get one! lol!Im so jealous!

hmmm curious not sure bout all that u dont get a mid term weird no one told me that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

No mid term, but we start two weeks after every1 else and get off a month before the leaving cert starts (there are grind-like classes on sporadically during that month for various subjects if ya think ya need them)

Advertisement