Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Price of petrol to go above €1.30 per litre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

But he might have to sit beside a dirty knackery skanger,,, or even worse a dirty nigerian with a crying sprog. Why are their kids always crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

stag39 wrote:
    eh! would it not be quicker and save you a heap on fuel!! you have 2 feet...walk to the busstop... :rolleyes:
    At €1 a litre, it will cost me about €2 extra a week to have the luxury of my car....but at €1.30 a litre, it'll start to get that bit too expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

boardsee wrote:
    But he might have to sit beside a dirty knackery skanger,,, or even worse a dirty nigerian with a crying sprog. Why are their kids always crying.

Boardsee you're contributions to the forum have been pretty lame from the off and now you're banned, you sound like the skanger. Why are kids always crying? Well under a certain age its what they do best.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

I seen a place in dundalk today charging €1.28 (near the lisdoo) couldnt believe it. place at the top of my road is €1.127 (beside fairways). which is still unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tesco Finglas has it at 109.9 (unleaded) and 107.9 (diesel) today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

limbovski wrote:
    I seen a place in dundalk today charging €1.28 (near the lisdoo) couldnt believe it. place at the top of my road is €1.127 (beside fairways). which is still unreal.

it is €1.10 at the old shopping centre dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I just filled up at €1.304 per litre in the South of France.
    This is the cheapest petrol station around, many are 5/6c higher.
    On the motorways its a good 7c higher again.
    That said, it does include my road tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Hagar wrote:
    I just filled up at €1.304 per litre in the South of France.
    This is the cheapest petrol station around, many are 5/6c higher.
    On the motorways its a good 7c higher again.
    That said, it does include my road tax.

i was over in france when the price jumped to the 1.30 mark...people including my friends just accepted it.. that said you have bio deseil at an even higher price than normal deseil

off topic a little bit have you travelled on the motorway north of limoges in the direction of paris and seen the state of it..it will only get worse over time..built on unlevel and soggy ground...a brand new motorway too..speed limit dropped from 130kph to 110kph... :eek: like to see what speed it would be dropped by if same problem over here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was in Britain this weekend where petrol is 99.9p stg a litre :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Tesco Finglas has it at 109.9 (unleaded) and 107.9 (diesel) today.

Ditto in dundrum last night - fooking scare mongering rte!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just noticed that a few of my local filling stations gone up from 113.9 yesterday to 122.9 today. A 9c rise per litre overnight! :mad:

All of waterford gone from 108.9 to 115.9

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

tipperary town is now from 1.09 -> 1.11

although if your lucky enough to pass through limerick and go through ballysimmon there is a "pat keoghs" shell service station that charges 99.90 for unleaded if you need to top up.

slade_x wrote:

although if your lucky enough to pass through limerick and go through ballysimmon there is a "pat keoghs" shell service station that charges 99.90 for unleaded if you need to top up.
    I take it he has old pumps that can't go over 100 cents a litre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Ann Elk

A few months ago we were in Killarney and went out to the Tesco filling station - next door t the Tesco Store, can't remember the exact price, but it was at least 10c per litre cheaper than Galway at the time - there were at least 30 cars queueing constantly.

Has anyone been there lately or know what price it is now??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Bond-007 wrote:
    I take it he has old pumps that can't go over 100 cents a litre?

the sign still says 99.90

apparently business is booming, people do care to go at least 5-10 miles out of their way to fill up their tank for a few cents, there was a few cars in a queue for the forecourt

when you compare some places at €1.30, to fill up your tank and save €15 is a plus (13.01 if you do the math)

the last official check was the 6th but its still 98.90 earlier on(7th)
    http://www.irishfuelprices.com/motorfuelprices.php?county=limerick

slade_x wrote:

Pat Keogh is the dearest place in Limerick if not the dearest in the country. He was 99.9 when everyone else were charging 89.9. He must be at least €1.30 now. I will be passing that way tomorrow so will check out his price. If he is cheap it will be a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Texaco Rathfarnham:
    today €1.179
    last monday €1.159
    last saturday € 1.099
    last friday € 1.079
    monday before that €1.039

Now, someone explains to me how on earth petrol bought by the big fuel retailers as futures months before Katrina hit, and only just being delivered now, already supposedly costs so much because of expected shortages

F*cking scangers - I've had enough: don't drive to work from Rathfarnham in/around 07:15 AM tomorrow, as I'm doing a single-car protest at 10mph all the way to D6... F*cking gotta start somewhere :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 opto

I heard a report on newstalk news on Tuesday? last oil has topped out at 65 dollars a barrel that Shell where to hold prices and Maxol were to reduce prices....was I dreaming???

What I did spot next day was two Shell stations and the Maxol station I pass had raised their prices to 1.22!!!!??

The whole town (Mullingar) is now 1.22-1.23 for petrol and 1.12-1.15 for diesel (forecourt prices)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The Texaco at the Spawell round-about is charging 121.9 for petrol this morning. It was 112.9 on Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I can understand some places increasing prices if the wholesale price rises. However the large discrepancy between some places is worrying.
    The Oirish Times recently made a few national comparisons and many outlets were selling it for about 115c whereas the Texaco in Drumcondra (beside the Skylon?) was ripping people off at over 127c (before the increase!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

That filling station in Drumcondra has been very expensive for a long time. The garage (repairs etc) attached to it is now closed and it has no shop, so the guy only makes any money by selling petrol as opposed to other garages where they only make a cent or two on the fuel, but fleece you in the shop. Don't know if it's true, but I heard the site has been sold for apartments or something and he's only keeping it going rather than shutting up completely until the planning permission etc comes through. Fine for him, but what I don't understand is why at that price, anybody actually buys petrol there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

There's always some fool who doesn't look at the price, and bobs you're uncle, and fred's a rich man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

121.9 in Texaco Portmarnock this morning. Crazy!

I wonder what a fill of oil (1000ltr) would cost now!! :o

ambrose :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

jlang wrote:
    That filling station in Drumcondra has been very expensive for a long time. The garage (repairs etc) attached to it is now closed and it has no shop, so the guy only makes any money by selling petrol as opposed to other garages where they only make a cent or two on the fuel, but fleece you in the shop. Don't know if it's true, but I heard the site has been sold for apartments or something and he's only keeping it going rather than shutting up completely until the planning permission etc comes through. Fine for him, but what I don't understand is why at that price, anybody actually buys petrol there?

The "Guy" you speak of is CityGate Renault , hardly a struggling enterprise .. More like Corporate highwaymen .

Noticed 2 filling stations on the same road near me have closed in the last couple of months. One is sold and the other is still for sale.

Went into another one near me this morning (Texaco just off the Parkway roundabout in Limerick) which was selling it at 110.9 which is cheaper in comparision with others in the area. Was talking to the guy there and asked him why they were cheaper than the others? He told me that the owner sold the place due to lack of profit, they were just selling off what was left in the tanks, the shop and car wash, etc were already gone. He said the site was going to be redeveloped into appartments or something.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

RedorDead wrote:

Ditto in dundrum last night - fooking scare mongering rte!! :mad:

dunno about that it was 119 on tues in tesco dundrum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Right_Side

124.9 in shell in sutton. Highest i've seen!

119.9 in shell raheny this morning, 121.9 this afternoon.

121.9 in texaco raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

121.9 in Texaco Portmarnock this morning. Crazy!

I wonder what a fill of oil (1000ltr) would cost now!! :o

ambrose :cool:

what is the capacity of an average underground forecourt tank?

• Advertisement

slade_x wrote:

Just passed that Shell station today - 137.9c a litre for unleaded. :eek:

Advertisement