Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its The Random Merged Weekend Merged MidTerm!!!!

Options
  • 02-09-2005 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

well done everyone...we made it throught the first week of 6th year!!! I've gotten soooo much homework already...especially in english ((stupid essays :p)) How was everyone else's first week back???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I had my first day( only a half day :D ) back and we just had eight twenty minute classes after a big start of year speach from our principle. Didn't do all that much,talked about what we would be doing for the year & got homework in Physics & Irish. The day was easy and I got good news,Igot a new English teacher and she seems good,we didn't do ANYTHING in English last year after christmas because our teacher got cancer at during christmas holidays and the sub we got was crap and I forgot to mention I am doing honours for the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Was allright, didn't get too many lectures about responsiblity and the rest. The teachers respect that it's essentially up to us now.

Not too much homework but then again we're set in motion while we still have the bonus of momentum working in our favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

One exam question in idiot maths and thats it :D
    This weekend, must try and sort out my notes....or lack therefore of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Its been fine; I've had half days all week and got hardly any homework for the weekend. My cousin who did the LC last year is very concerned that teachers haven't piled on the homework already!

I ight organise my notes this weekend too; my plan is to get notes done on everything before christmas, that way when it comes to revising I'll have everything ready & sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Funkstard wrote:
    Its been fine; I've had half days all week and got hardly any homework for the weekend. My cousin who did the LC last year is very concerned that teachers haven't piled on the homework already!

I ight organise my notes this weekend too; my plan is to get notes done on everything before christmas, that way when it comes to revising I'll have everything ready & sorted
    yeah thats a brill plan actually!! I've gotten loads of homework..it's not fair :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

well not bak for yonks!im havin a super wknd!i just made €40 for babysitn for three and half hour for my next door neighbour!i feel so rich right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

jimi_t wrote:
    or lack therefore of
    i think you mean, or lack thereof..

Yeah, my week was grand all 2 and a half days. got some homework, Leaving cert 2005 papers in English. The homework was surprisingly easy to concentrate on given that I was out cold for 3 months. :p

d4gurl wrote:
    well not bak for yonks!im havin a super wknd!i just made €40 for babysitn for three and half hour for my next door neighbour!i feel so rich right now!!
    wow thats brill! i gave up my part-time job over the summer...mainly coz i was working as an assistant in french college for 6 weeks!lol. But i still have babysitting so its ok!

went for a run this morning....so, dunno what the word is, but i feel great after it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yeah my first week back was okay. Got loads of homework and tests to worry about. English essays due aswell. Have to do lots of homework today cause I did'nt do a tap yesterday cause I was busy all day. Lots of work to do :(

On a good note I made lots of money coaching yesterday so maybe I can go buy some stuff to cheer myself up :)

thats the spirit CrimE!!!

i teach 7/8 yr olds how to sail every sat from 10-1 so thats what i did yest morning!! i've and english essay due too! But i think the homework will lay off soon coz i woz the 1st week and everyone was just giving homework coz they had nothing else to do really! lol

• Advertisement

Haha I know what you mean. Maybe they are trying to scare us early with lots of homework. Fair play with the sailing. You like it? I love coaching especially since I get paid to aswell. :)

Omg :eek: Abercrombie why were u up at half nine in the mornin?? lol! i only got up now and i still feel sleepy!

Every Saturday morning at 10!? Ouch......do you still go out on Fridays?

Yeah that sounds a bit rough alright!

I coach 3-6 on saturdays and sometimes on sundays. Leaves the nights free to spend my money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ha, back to school tomorrow bitches!

d4gurl wrote:
    Omg :eek: Abercrombie why were u up at half nine in the mornin?? lol! i only got up now and i still feel sleepy!
    coz i went for a run with my friend at 7am...crazy i no. and i woz out last night too but i crashed at my friends house!! got about 3 hours sleep...so bed early for me tonight!!

yeah i do it most saturdays...if i can't make it it's ok coz there are about 3 other trainers there anyway usually! but i'm thinking that maybe after christmas i may give it a skip coz i'll need to start studying a bit more...plus its gonna start getting really sh*tty, rough and cold and i'm not up for annoying kids early in the morning in the freezing cold :D yeah i still go out...if im too tired or hungover i just call and say i cant make it :) but i like it coz i get paid and the other trainers are fun to be with!!

fair play to you!!thats all i can say! :D I could never do that - i value my sleep to much!lol!

Ha, I went to bed at 7am on friday :p

What club do you teach in?

Yeh, there's not many things I could imagine being as bad as teaching little kids sailing in the freezing water on a saturday morning when you're in bits!

I think the best part of finishing secondary school is mocking those left behind - wear those school uniforms... wear them.

• Advertisement

Ouch yeah you've got us there... :rolleyes:

school uniforms arent that bad....

the main thing i hate about the uniforms are the jumpers.. thats what i dont like. as for the shirt/tie and trousers, thay are grand.. look smart.

but the jumpers show where ur from...they're like the most important bit of the uniform lol! skirts aren't too great either tho...omg hve u seen the skirts that they wear in limerick city?? I'm talking sweeping the ground here..they actually walk on them! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Yeah first time i seen does skirts was abit shocked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I hated jumpers back when I was in primary school but then I had a blazer in secondary school. Very classy looking black number, not that I wore it though. White shirt and tie for me for 6 years.

Well the tie can also identify your schools identity. I'm talking from a practical point of view, the jumpers look and feel like crap.

Yeah today was roasting and hardly anyone left their jumpers on. They are ok for the winter but in summer a shirt and tie are grand. I reckon the reason that the rest of the uniform is relatively popular in comparison to the jumper is all because of how uncomfortable it is in comparison.

No more uniform for me!! woo! Although I have to say it will be such a pain in the neck having to figure out what to wear and blah for the first cuple weeks after that I think I'll just wear whatever!! I'll kinda of miss the old uniform saves a lot of hassle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

My first few days were ok,not much obair bhaile.I got an essay and Geography revision for my test. :rolleyes:

I like my uniform,No tie,shirt or jumperWell there is a jumper but we dont need to wear it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement