Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its The Random Merged Weekend Merged MidTerm!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

so who's going to win the world cup girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

italiano! forza italia
    btw im a guy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

pogo, definitely pogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

well it's all about france in my house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

go on the emmmmmm hottes team?brazil i tnk?i dunno!haha for me to be in a football mad house and be completely oblivious to all this football malary is quite shocking haha! actually dnt shoot me but I kinda want england to win!bak to mclaurin for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

d4gurl wrote:
    go on the emmmmmm hottes team?brazil i tnk?i dunno!haha for me to be in a football mad house and be completely oblivious to all this football malary is quite shocking haha! actually dnt shoot me but I kinda want england to win!bak to mclaurin for me!

yeah I want England to win too! My family are English so I always have supported England....discreetly of course! I don't want to be murdered as I sleep....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Faerie wrote:
    yeah I want England to win too! My family are English so I always have supported England....discreetly of course! I don't want to be murdered as I sleep....
    It would kill me if those overhyped bastards won it. The idea of Rio Ferdinand or David Beckham or any of the other posing knobheads lifting the trophy gets me reaching for the sick bag. Annyway, based on yesterday's display, they don't have a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

my money is on brazil:

kaka, ronaldinho, ronaldo, adriano.... name me a defence which can stop that lot :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I'm support trinidad and Tobago, Sweden and Paragauy. I think its fairly obvious why.

Hint Hint:Look at the other team in Group B!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

NADA wrote:
    I'm support trinidad and Tobago, Sweden and Paragauy. I think its fairly obvious why.

Hint Hint:Look at the other team in Group B!

Why are you so anti-english? rasist scum :p :rolleyes: If it wern't for Englands 800 year old past with Ireland, We'd still be speaking a language no one else in europe speaks, our economy would be pure sh!te, we'd have no IT industry, no tourism, etc.....

• Advertisement

It would kill me if those overhyped bastards won it. The idea of Rio Ferdinand or David Beckham or any of the other posing knobheads lifting the trophy gets me reaching for the sick bag. Annyway, based on yesterday's display, they don't have a hope.

They just didn't need to go all out yesterday, Paragauy were really nervous. They're saving their best! I think they could really win this year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Why are you so anti-english? rasist scum :p :rolleyes: If it wern't for Englands 800 year old past with Ireland, We'd still be speaking a language no one else in europe speaks, our economy would be pure sh!te, we'd have no IT industry, no tourism, etc.....
    Ah yes but they scared away all the leprechauns, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Australia are the dark horses

Faerie wrote:
    They just didn't need to go all out yesterday, Paragauy were really nervous. They're saving their best! I think they could really win this year.....
    I was gonna be nice about it but here goes, 800 years of oppression, Llyod Goerge, Maggie Thatcher, Tony Blair, The Queen, Baddiel and Skinner, Charles, Diana, Paul Burrell, Jimmy Hill, Jade Goody, Jordan, Jodie Marsh, Chantelle, Sir Clive Woodward, Hugh Grant, Ian Wright, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Barmy Army, Spice Girls, Des Lynam, The Famine, The executions of Pearse and Friends, Cromwell, 1966. That's why i'm not supporting England.

I was gonna be nice about it but here goes, 800 years of oppression, Llyod Goerge, Maggie Thatcher, Tony Blair, The Queen, Baddiel and Skinner, Charles, Diana, Paul Burrell, Jimmy Hill, Jade Goody, Jordan, Jodie Marsh, Chantelle, Sir Clive Woodward, Hugh Grant, Ian Wright, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Barmy Army, Spice Girls, Des Lynam, The Famine, The executions of Pearse and Friends, Cromwell, 1966. That's why i'm not supporting England.

:eek:

what did the spice girls ever do to you?!?

I was gonna be nice about it but here goes, 800 years of oppression.

Boll0x man, If it wern't for-how should I put it as nicely as I can, "British influence" in the past, Ireland would be the most backward country in the Northern Hemisphere. We would be speaking a language unique to our country. Our country that is an island nation, that shares a different language to the rest of Europe, that nobody else has. Our economy would be sh!te, we'd have taken alot longer to develop strong trade patterns, we would have poorer living standards, We would have less jobs, we would be isolated. Almost no Tourist industry, etc... the list goes, on and on. We would have fu(k all if it wasn't for the Brits in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh because all that had loads to do with you. Jump off the bandwagon and make your own opinion for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

If it werent fo the English maybe we'd be talking in English, supporting English soccer teams, shopping in Tesco and M&S, driving cars made in England, studying English in school etc....

The thoughts of doing any of them are unimaginable.....

Best of luck to them in World Cup. I'd like to c them win but dont think they have a hope in hell.

Ok first of all you're taking it all very personally!
    And why are you still seething with resentment, it's ancient history!
    And there would be just as many annoying Irish celebrities if we actually had many! Samantha Mumba, Colin Farrell, Ronan Keating, Charlie Haughey, Westlife, The Corrs, BONO, are all even more annoying. At least Tony Blair can speak, Bertie Aherne is an embarassment!

Anyway this is all getting stupid, they're just a football team for crying out loud!

Faerie wrote:
    Anyway this is all getting stupid, they're just a football team for crying out loud!

agreed!!

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=Irish GrumPy said this .I was gonna be nice about it but here goes, 800 years of oppression.

Boll0x man, If it wern't for-how should I put it as nicely as I can, "British influence" in the past, Ireland would be the most backward country in the Northern Hemisphere. We would be speaking a language unique to our country. Our country that is an island nation, that shares a different language to the rest of Europe, that nobody else has. Our economy would be sh!te, we'd have taken alot longer to develop strong trade patterns, we would have poorer living standards, We would have less jobs, we would be isolated. Almost no Tourist industry, etc... the list goes, on and on. We would have fu(k all if it wasn't for the Brits in the past.[/QUOTE]
    You have an attitude that would make the BNP proud, how could us muck savages survive as a nation without the sophisticated empire rule. You're argument that speaking our own language would hinder us economically is quite frankly, one of the clumsies, devoid of intelligence arguments i have ever heard. Holland manage to thrive economically, with guess what they're own language. It's just plain racist to suggest that we could not have. The reason I won't be supporting England in the world cup, apart from all the other reasons is, it's so much fun. We know players like Beckham and ferdinand and Joe Cole are not great players but they're hyped up to the extreme and when they're beaten by a proper team, which they generally are, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

C'mon Henman, you can win Wimbledon this year, we all know it!

Tiger Tim!

"Poor Tim's a cold!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Poor Tom's a cold. Tom O' Bedlam. It's never going to go away.

Daddio wrote:
    C'mon Henman, you can win Wimbledon this year, we all know it!

Tiger Tim!

"Poor Tim's a cold!"
    Oh jaysus, Tim Henman. And their new hero now, Andy Murray, is he a ble to finish a game?

Funkstard wrote:
    Poor Tom's a cold. Tom O' Bedlam. It's never going to go away.
    tell me about it! NOW i can remember all my lear quotes...why couldn't i remember them in the exam!!!!

You have an attitude that would make the BNP proud, how could us muck savages survive as a nation without the sophisticated empire rule. You're argument that speaking our own language would hinder us economically is quite frankly, one of the clumsies, devoid of intelligence arguments i have ever heard.

Man, Your assuming I think Britain are wonderous or something. Assumptions are "clumsy". Do you honestly think Ireland would be where we are today without British influence? We wouldnt be even close to the level we are today if it wasnt for them. An island, isolated from the rest of Europe, with a small population, with almost no economic structure. Britain come along, forcefully reform us for the better. I am not stating Britain are uber great, I am simply pointing out the fact, that Ireland would not be the Ireland we know and love today, if it hadnt been for the "800 years of British opression" You have other reasons for not wanting to support England of course, and I am in no way forcing you to do so, But when you start your agrument for not supporting them with 800 years of opression you can see why not only me, but other boardies find your comment pathetic. And no, before you assume I support England, I dont, I just hate seeing people basing their opinion on a rascist remark, about Irelands relationship with England hundreds of years ago.

Man, Your assuming I think Britain are wonderous or something. Assumptions are "clumsy". Do you honestly think Ireland would be where we are today without British influence? We wouldnt be even close to the level we are today if it wasnt for them. An island, isolated from the rest of Europe, with a small population, with almost no economic structure. Britain come along, forcefully reform us for the better. I am not stating Britain are uber great, I am simply pointing out the fact, that Ireland would not be the Ireland we know and love today, if it hadnt been for the "800 years of British opression" You have other reasons for not wanting to support England of course, and I am in no way forcing you to do so, But when you start your agrument for not supporting them with 800 years of opression you can see why not only me, but other boardies find your comment pathetic. And no, before you assume I support England, I dont, I just hate seeing people basing their opinion on a rascist remark, about Irelands relationship with England hundreds of years ago.
    Did I once assume you supported England. Be observant. People don't think i'm pathetic. People think I'm a hero. it was 800 years of opression, there's no lie there. the famine, penal laws, tenants starving while landlords lived it up, inner city slums, parliament in London. I call that bleeding opression. You're argument that we had no economic structure when they come along is absolute kack, how many countries back in 1800 at the act of union did, never mind centuries before when their rule actually began. Forcefully reform us? Were we not capable of reform without them.

it was 800 years of opression, there's no lie there. You're argument that we had no economic structure when they come along is absolute kack

I never said it wasn't 800 years of opression, be observant. Our entire economic political sturucture is based on the British one, even the damn parliment buildings were built by the British. I'm not ignoring the fact what Britain did in the past, but that has absolutly not relevance to an arguement you based on the fact you wouldn't back, or want England to do well in the world cup. Oh, and your mention of Holland was pretty stupid too. Do you know where Holland even is? Central Europe buddy. You think they would have been isolated to larger, more powerful countries influence in the past? no. They were there, slap bang in mainland Europe.

GUYS!!! this is a thread to RELAX!! either stop this bickering or take it outside!!

AberC
    Co-Founder of this FABULOUS thread
    and
    Leaving Cert Forum Ambassador as appointed by Daddio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

what did I start!?hahah guys leave it be!go to some serious thread! this thread is for chilaxing not going ape sh!t! Aber jus read what you said!this co-founder agrees :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement