Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QueerBeers III: The Search for a Pub.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

TCamen wrote:
    Cool - thanks Liouville for booking :)

Lucky we got it. The whole place was nearly booked out. Your man said he would put us over to the far right down the back, about three counch's and high stools. He mentioned however, that the place behind where we where last time (they where having a party of some sort) was only provision, and I asked could he see if we can get moved to there if they pulled out. That area would suit us so much better, and is would be much more private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Your man said he would put us over to the far right down the back, about three counch's and high stools. He mentioned however, that the place behind where we where last time (they where having a party of some sort) was only provision, and I asked could he see if we can get moved to there if they pulled out.That area would suit us so much better, and is would be much more private.

Grand, it's nice up around the back area, there was a party in the exact same place last Saturday night too.
    Kick off will be about 7:30pm, once you're there by say nine, there souldn't be a problem with the bouncers.

Last Saturday I was meeting people in there @ 9pm. I got there about 9.15pm (fashionably late) and used the backdoor (hmmmm) but there wasn't any bouncer there yet. When we left around 11pm, there was only one bouncer on the rear (hmm, every word is suggestive ;) ) .He really wasn't doing much apart from asking people who were smoking to stop blocking the door, didn't see him ask anyone for ID once.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Raghallaigh

Hi Guys ... going to go to the next queer beers ... I was wondering if there will be anyone else there my age I am 18 ? Dont want to be the only one there my age ?!

Would appericiate it to kno if some one my age there in advance ... not that i dont like any of you ... just being safe u kno.

Hi Guys ... going to go to the next queer beers ... I was wondering if there will be anyone else there my age I am 18 ? Dont want to be the only one there my age ?!

Would appericiate it to kno if some one my age there in advance ... not that i dont like any of you ... just being safe u kno.

Well I'm 20, is that close enough? I understand your concern, we might all be middle aged men talking about golf or the like, Most of us there are of college going age. Snappie is 18* though i don't know if he will be there, and afew of the lads "look" 18.

*Maybe younger, but as far as I or the Door man knows he's 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

I'm 20, there's a couple of 18, 19 yos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

*raises hand* 20 :)

Oh, and since LiouVille's offline I'll post the pics he asked me for on his behalf ;) If anyone's looking for the group, this is our dear LiouVille (complete in shot with demonic red-eye):
    Pikachu 1
    Pikachu 2

Oh, and yours truly shall also be about, probably acting the mick - don't worry, I'm actually thoroughly harmless and quite friendly :) No, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*raises hand* 20 :)

Oh, and since LiouVille's offline I'll post the pics he asked me for on his behalf ;) If anyone's looking for the group, this is our dear LiouVille (complete in shot with demonic red-eye):
    Pikachu 1
    Pikachu 2

Oh, and yours truly shall also be about, probably acting the mick - don't worry, I'm actually thoroughly harmless and quite friendly :) No, really.
    Heh, those pics of joe from the Trinners beers... Funny b*stards, all ("I don't wanna know what his hand is up to under the table")

Yeah, fortysixand2 ain't lyin', he's a pussycat. And LiouVille's a top bloke as well, so don't worry, you're in good hands.

So to speak.

Wow, I look crazy, but their pictures of me alright. I'm also fairly tall and stand out abit.

Well I'm 20, is that close enough? I understand your concern, we might all be middle aged men talking about golf or the like, Most of us there are of college going age. Snappie is 18* though i don't know if he will be there, and afew of the lads "look" 18.
    I'm 20, there's a couple of 18, 19 yos.

Ixoy will be buying ya drinks so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

TCamen wrote:
    Ixoy will be buying ya drinks so :p
    LOL

suppose i can't really talk, but at least i don't look my age :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm 18 in December, but my ID says I was last December. I fully intend to be there, not wearing runners this time perhaps!

I reckon ajmurphy62 (also 17) will join me.

See y'all there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Raghallaigh, why didn't you tell me you are going?

I too am 18, so that will make 3 (actually 2, but if the gardaí ask, 3) of us there.

One question - where is Dakota?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

There's a map of where to find it here in the official thread for this event in the, uh, Events forum of Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'll be there!!! oh and im 17. This time ill proberbly be in a better mood. i was very very tired last time resulting from being out the night before and a full day in work. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Raghallaigh

Thanks, I deffinately feel more comfterable going now ! So I will see you all there ... !!!!

Looking forward to it already and i think i will bring a friend or two !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, I reckon I'll be able to make it again to this one - not working that weekend which kinda helps. Had a great time last time. Will feel a lot more comfortable this time. And I know the faces this time!!!!

Great bunch of people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

azezil wrote:
    LOL

Act dear, act.

Myself and carbonkid went in there on Sat night. Front door. One of us* was stopped for ID and had his bag checked. Then the bouncer politely apologised to carbonkid** and said it was policy and it wasn't just him whose bag he was checking. Polite bouncers. Such a treat. Nice pub, first time there.

* I'm too polite to say who.
    ** Ooops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

damien.m wrote:
    Act dear, act.
    One has to "act" a certain way, at a certain age?

Personnally I prefer to just be who am I.... dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

azezil wrote:

Gloria Gaynor does this better than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

azezil wrote:
    One has to "act" a certain way, at a certain age?

Was that a joke aimed at me o_O

Grrrr...*shakes fist at az violently*

• Advertisement

Sorry people but consider me pulled out. I'll be travelling to Brighton that weekend, was meant to be going THIS weekend but due to cash problems I had to put it off two weeks. So I won't be in the country for the Beers I'm afraid. That is, barring anything particularly shoite happening in the meantime >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

LiouVille wrote:
    I'm going to go a head with dakota, I've booked three tables for about 20-25 people, in my name joe O'Carroll. Kick off will be about 7:30pm, once you're there by say nine, there souldn't be a problem with the bouncers.

Err, and what date did you book it for? It's not immediately obvious from the thread. Or I'm asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

azezil wrote:
    LOL

Ya don't, huh? ;)

moridin wrote:
    Err, and what date did you book it for? It's not immediately obvious from the thread. Or I'm asleep.

October 1st I believe. I could actually be around now.

October 1st I believe

Yup, Saturday October 1st.

damien.m wrote:
    October 1st I believe. I could actually be around now.
    Hmph. I withdraw and suddenly damien's up for going. I think I'm insulted ;)

Hmph. I withdraw and suddenly damien's up for going. I think I'm insulted ;)

Pattern recognition is more than a William Gibson book.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Swimmy

I will try and attend. :D

So how many people are actually going then? There was a decent crowd @ the last one, even some perceived/actual lesbians ;)

• Advertisement

Swimmy wrote:
    I will try and attend. :D

Nah, Swimmy, if I go, you can't. Fate will intervene. Like the whole me and FortySixand12PenceShillingsHalfABob are never in the same room at the same time. Possibly cos the God won't allow it. Damn you, damn you to hell. *looks down to hell and waves at Freddy Merc and Mother Theresa*

Or maybe it's cos we're the same person who's adept at costume changes. Maybe Frothy (to his friends he is Frothy, trust me. Have you got the time for me to give you the backstory? It's like 3/10 on the har har meter.) is just really damien.m but with some cleverly applied magic markered in facial art? Maybe?

No. Cop on.

What is the proper name for a group of queers though? We have like a pride of Lions, a can of whoopass, a gaggle of geese etc. Would it be a handbag of queers?

Advertisement