Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Warning

Options
  • 02-09-2005 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd let everyone know I bought the PSP on the day of release and found out it comes with *limited edition dead pixels*. Thinking I was just unlucky on this occasion, I brought the PSP back to where I got it, had it replaced, charged her up again to find *shock* even more dead pixels on this PSP. Suffice to say I won't be asking for a second replacement, I'll just get my money back. Sony have an absolute bare face cheek farming out the development to Chinese companies who have little or no quality control (literally firing the PSP's out as fast as they can) and then charging customers premium price for faulty goods. Well, that's the last time I ever buy Sony goods (in the PSP manual, it states that dead pixels are a fact of LCD production as it is a "highly precise technology" therefore no fault will be acknowledged in their eyes).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

This is hardly breaking news is it? Lots of people have gotten their machines with dead pixels. I have one, but I try not to let it bother me. Not every Sony PSP had dead pixels you know. I realise it's annoying, but while playing a game you'd hardly notice them. It's hardly a major defect that should stop you wanting to own one.

(edit: just read in another thread that you actually had loads of them, ok that might stop you wanting one alright.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah alright, thanks for the usual 'smart' boards.ie response. Of it not being breaking news, should I just say nothing to anyone not yet decided on the PSP when the two I've had have had 10-20 dead pixels?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Laguna wrote:
    Yeah alright, thanks for the usual 'smart' boards.ie response. Of it not being breaking news, should I just say nothing to anyone not yet decided on the PSP when the two I've had have had 10-20 dead pixels?.

Obviously not.
    I sympathised with you in my edit. There are already a few threads in the Playstation forum regarding dead pixels, maybe your post would have been more useful (to people considering buying a psp) if it were in one of those threads.

Yeah, alright, I'm sorry about that. I'm just so pissed off with the situation, I've been waiting since march thinking that the EU version would server me better.. obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are they dead, or stuck? I remember there was a "video" that you could load onto the memory stick, that when played, it'd unstick the pixles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It does seem pretty common alright. One of the guys in work bought one yesterday and yup it has dead pixels. Another guy in work bought one and it came with --> FLUFF <-- under the screen.
    I wonder was that factored into the price? And I am not kidding!

Tried the video thing that is supposed to fix stuck pixels, didn't work, leading me to assume that they are indeed, dead pixels.. OH well, back to the DS then

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Dead pixels on an LCD screen that small would be unacceptable for me.

I have 1 dead pixel out of 1,764,000 on my PC's 20" widescreen. I can live with that, on a 4-5 inch screen I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sony will replace it for you if it has even one dead pixel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Sidane wrote:
    Dead pixels on an LCD screen that small would be unacceptable for me.

I have 1 dead pixel out of 1,764,000 on my PC's 20" widescreen. I can live with that, on a 4-5 inch screen I wouldn't.

Pc monitor companites usually won't listen to you anyway for less than at least 5/6 dead pixels. But only one on a small screen , as Sidane said , would be unacceptable , and only sony could make such a low quality item and still run it at a loss :rolleyes: Only in america ? More like only made by sony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That is actually something that would put me off buying a PSP. I realise that a dead pixel or two wouldnt really hamper gaming, it's just I think that for a premium price I should be getting a premium product and not one that was just thrown together with little or no regard for Quality Assurance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

(new to this) what is a dead pixel is it like on a laptop when u push it in hard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wikipedia wrote:
    A dead pixel is a defective pixel that remains unlit, permanently lit, or a solid color on an LCD screen, monitor...
    More...

Advertisement