Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone tell me whats the best chip for the ps2...?

• 03-09-2005 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me whats the best chip for the ps2...?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have a messiah 2 and i have had no problems with it at all. I think there is a Messiah 3 out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

The matrix infinity or crystal chip are probably the best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most chips do the same thing. Look for reviews on line and get the cheapest especially if it doesn't require microsoldering like the Messiah does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

The matrix infinity and other like it can be flash upgraded to keep them up to date. Older chips won`t play backups of dual layer games such as GT4 without patches.

The matrix infinity and other like it can be flash upgraded to keep them up to date. Older chips won`t play backups of dual layer games such as GT4 without patches.

Does that include the Messiah 2. I'm asking because I've never tried a dual layer back up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I looked into this a while ago and found every chip had something it couldnt do, nothing did everything i wanted. With rebuilding patching , holding disc sidewards whilst facing the moon and howling etc:

So i got the hard drive and mem card exploit and that did everything i wanted it to do with no soldering or paying €120+.

Cost me €30 for network adapter as i had a spare HD.
    Defintley the way to go depending on your needs.

kdjac

Advertisement