Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intel 2200BG wireless card

• 03-09-2005 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Does any else have this card in their laptop? It will connect at 54mb but will ever only d/l at 90kb/s max when the ethernet will d/l at 220kb/s. I've tired several connection points and it seems to be a problem with the actual card and there's a good few topics about it on the net. I've updated to the latest drivers with no joy. Has anyone else fixed this problem?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

wireless connection +overhead of tramission is around half of ethernet running at 100 so is this not about right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

No There's a mac running on the same wireless network with can download at the full 220mb/s so it's definitly an issue with the card or software. This card has been on the market since January and I can't believe Sony/Intel are still shipping it when it has always has connection issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

whats the laptop power setting on , I found that even when on mains power the power saving in control panel might switch back to max battery

I would imagine the transfer speed of the wireless is reduced on this max battery setting ?

I get 120k down speeds on a 1mb Bt broadband link shared on a belkin access point with the 2200bg card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Had a problem with one of these today, it would only xfer at about quarter speed and the range was crap, then I downloaded the latest Intel driver here, and it worked fine. It even improved range on the adapter. It was in a Fujitsu Laptop.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=1637&lang=eng

Advertisement