Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fist of the North Star

Options
  • 03-09-2005 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Anyone ever see this anime series or the movie?
    When i watched the series a few years ago i couldn't watch anythin else it was so good, and then the movie nearly made me wet my pants with joy. But then i had to sit through the live action movie, which made me wet my pants with utter disgust. Tripe.

But the anime was good i thought!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Didn't like it myself man. Found the stupidity of the guy going round beating the **** out of a different bloke each week, killing him in ever more bizarre ways a bit tiresome to be honest. I'm aware they've remade the series for re-release, google it, I think it's called new fist of the north star (it's still the same old **** though!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought it was great in a uber cheesy way. Some absolutely hilarious moments (most probably unintentional). Anyone know when Manga are releasing a boxset of the rest of the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

pff.. dunno. I guess they'll milk the individual volumes sales first then hit us with a boxset. I wouldn't say before summer 2006 at a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 The Truth!

Yeah i havent seen it in years so the chances are my expectations are way too high! I remember seeing an ad in an irish magazine (can't remember which) saying that there were 7 series on sale in Virgin in dublin, but when i went dere i couldn't find it and the guy behind the helpdesk didn't think it was in at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Heh, I loved the movie.

I think I've seen at least one volume of the series for sale in Tower Records on Wicklow Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I saw some sort of box set of the series in my local HMV a few months ago (possibly even last year) - I don't know if it was the entire series or what, but it was about €60-70.

I used to watch it when channel 4 showed it really late at night - it was one of the first anime I had seen. It's funny as hell, but for the wrong reasons ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

The Truth! wrote:
    Anyone ever see this anime series or the movie?
    When i watched the series a few years ago i couldn't watch anythin else it was so good, and then the movie nearly made me wet my pants with joy. But then i had to sit through the live action movie, which made me wet my pants with utter disgust. Tripe.

But the anime was good i thought!

I loved every second of it, the series that is. I first watched it when I was about 12 or so on Channel 4 at 1 am and was hooked from the start. Dont get me wrong, its the typical ham fisted anime attempt at "romance" that is so ludicrous its funny but it really just serves as a plot device to allow Ken to go on a rampage day after day and tear people apart.
    I bought the box set and its well worth it.

Edit: The box set is not the entire series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 The Truth!

its the typical ham fisted anime attempt at "romance" that is so ludicrous its funny but it really just serves as a plot device to allow Ken to go on a rampage day after day and tear people apart.

LMAO, its funny cause its true!

Advertisement