Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Practise

• 03-09-2005 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I utterly adore this show <3 any other fans? itv3 show it at 1050am/5pm and then in the late hours. It's part of my morning ritual for waking up. Great characters,decent story lines although apparently the 8th season had few of the normal cast and has not been picked up for the irish/uk market <\3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

apparently the 8th season had few of the normal cast and has not been picked up for the irish/uk marke

The show used to be very good indeed, but it went downhill in later seasons -- I gave up during S7 when it was on RTE, it was just painful to watch. S8 had James Spader as the lead, which spun off with 'Boston Legal' (just finished S1 on Living) when ABC wanted to keep a lawyer show by David E. Kelley on TV. I'm not sure if RTE aired S8 or not 'cos I wasn't watching anymore.

DEK seriously lost his golden touch a long time ago, I think burnout caught up with him.

As for 'The Practice' -- the best episodes were around the George Vogelman trial in S3 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

TCamen wrote:
    As for 'The Practice' -- the best episodes were around the George Vogelman trial in S3 imo.
    Was that the weirdo who
    was shot dead by the lead's wife and then had his lawyer unwittingly send the office a letter bomb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The last season shown on RTE wasn't very good. But they also messed around the with the scheldule as usual.

S7 started out as usual taking over for the summer from ER but half way true the season was taken off.
    S7 was then see on a Saturday on RTE TWO if it wasn't interupted by Gone To The Dogs.
    Eventually it was sent to the depts of 2am in the morning for no one to see.

Still waiting for S8 to appear on RTE, even if it is at 2am.

I mean the should finish of the series

And prehaps start to show Boston Legal. (But that sounds very Ally McBeal more so then the practice).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Voderman and the Homosexual Serial Killer where some of the best cases.

LOL seriously good TV no I am serious.

The Homosexual Serial Killer when on to play Basil in the US version of Faulty Towers. I couldn't get his sleazeness from the character out of my head which didn't help a real bad remake of a classic.

Yeah the practice was the best. Opening Credits where cool. I miss that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Elmo wrote:
    The last season shown on RTE wasn't very good. But they also messed around the with the scheldule as usual.

S7 started out as usual taking over for the summer from ER but half way true the season was taken off.
    S7 was then see on a Saturday on RTE TWO if it wasn't interupted by Gone To The Dogs.
    Eventually it was sent to the depts of 2am in the morning for no one to see.

Still waiting for S8 to appear on RTE, even if it is at 2am.

I mean the should finish of the series

And prehaps start to show Boston Legal. (But that sounds very Ally McBeal more so then the practice).
    Boston Legal is a hoot. Swear to God - re a fear of it being an Ally McBeal re-tread - you can rest assured. It's great... You've got William Shatner hamming it up, Spader with all these great lines, awesome eye candy all over the shop and a cracking script...

• Advertisement
Advertisement