Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yokai Daisenso - Trailer

• 03-09-2005 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Take a look here. Takashi Miike let loose with a big budget fantasy film. Word is good so far, supposedly like a live action Miyazaki film, so damned if I'm not excited. :D

I probably won't get to see this untill they release it on DVD, sometime in 2012... I'm still waiting for Zebraman and The Bird People In China to be released over this side of the world, so I'm not holding out much hope for seeing it any time soon, but seeing as it's a fairly high profile release unlike Miike's usual low-budget releases, it might just get over here that bit quicker.

Also, it's got Chiaki Kuriyama (Battle Royale/Kill Bill) in it. :D
    That bit of info should be more than enough to get some people excited.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It looks pretty impressive alright...

And it's certainly imaginative looking.

Is this going to be a family film? I'd love to able to show my 8 year old nephew a Miike film without traumatising him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd love to able to show my 8 year old nephew a Miike film without traumatising him.

Christ, did you ever think it was possible? :eek:

Christ, did you ever think it was possible? :eek:
    Well I tend to look after him alot.. so he's pretty much desensitised to traumatising events just by being in my company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Has he seen Visitor Q yet?

Has he seen Visitor Q yet?
    I gave him the DVD for his birthday*

*I'm only joking... please don't call social services on me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is this going to be a family film? I'd love to able to show my 8 year old nephew a Miike film without traumatising him.

Gently ease him with the light hearted Dead or Alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

mmm, looks interesting, I love some of Miikes stuff, but some of it doesn't do it for me wither. Ill have to wait and see, I'm sur eit will be entertaining either way though, and pretty messed up.
    I still have to see 'sabu', that looks really interesting, and I really like the actors in it too, I must find somewhere that sells it.
    Cool that Chiaki Kuriyama is in Yokai Daisenso, loved her in Battle Royale. Hated the way tarantino used her Kill Bill, type casting her in his token Japanese School Girl role, it will be nice to see her in a real role again.
    Her role in Azumi 2 wasn't particurly refresing either, it's a pity they havn't given her the oppertunity to act properly since BR.
    I may have to wait for 'Scrap Heaven', thankfully someones decided to cast her in a drama again.

Advertisement