Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD deleted all my emails! :(

Options
  • 03-09-2005 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

UCD updated the email system with one that i'll never use, but now i can't get access to the emails from the address that i did use a few times.

What i mean is: my email addy is now firstname.lastname7@ucdconnect.ie

How can i retrieve the contents of my inbox at a00bfxxx@student.ucd.ie???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

gah, how did you get yours changed? I want mine to

Why would you use that wierd one over your actual name? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i think theres a little folder at the side, when u log in with ucd connect anyway, that still had your old emails, but theyll only be there till christmas. or something like that. think its labelled UCD

but i dont think you can collect mail sent to the student.ucd email address from ucd connect anymore. an easy way is www.mail2web.com. just type in your login@student.ucd.ie and then password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

yes sara your spot on click on UCD on the e-mail left pane in connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

woohoo, it changed to firstname.secondname@ucdconnect.ie! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

id a few important emails in there that i wanted to keep aswell.

the new email format is good though, its better than

[insert awful looking combination of numbers and letters here]@student.ucd.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

id a few important emails in there that i wanted to keep aswell.

the new email format is good though, its better than

[insert awful looking combination of numbers and letters here]@student.ucd.ie

you were able to get a version with your name, so it would be firstname.secondname.number@student.ucd.ie, which sent mail to same address as the login code did.

the new email format is ucdconnect, not ucd. personally id prefer the student.ucd but since im done i cant say it bothers me now :)

Advertisement