Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice cream tubs...

• 03-09-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Does anyone know where I could get some blank ice cream tubs like the Ben and Jerry ones you get in the supermarket.

I always make too much ice cream and want to give it away. It would be really cool to be able to package it properly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

if u want u can buy loads of tubs of ben and jerrys.... ill donate my spare time and it eat it all and then ull b left withe empty containers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

if u want u can buy loads of tubs of ben and jerrys.... ill donate my spare time and it eat it all and then ull b left withe empty containers :D
    Thats funny, but I was gonna make the same suggestion!!!

Why ben and jerry type tubs though??? Why not use other ice cream tubs like the HB ones or something? Just curious, but are you intending to package it and sell it as homemade ice-cream??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 lamper

memphis wrote:
    Thats funny, but I was gonna make the same suggestion!!!

Why ben and jerry type tubs though??? Why not use other ice cream tubs like the HB ones or something? Just curious, but are you intending to package it and sell it as homemade ice-cream??

I think production might be a bit slow with my ice cream maker!
    I love to make ice cream and I make 1 litre at a time but don't want to have to eat a whole litre before making the next batch, so I'd like to give half to family and friends. Presentation is important and if I could get some plain paper cups I could art them up a bit to look cool.

Plastic would be ok but it just isn't as cool, you know the way on US tv they always get their chinese take-aways in those cool paper boxes, it's just seems much nicer than the plastic ones we get ours in, same for the ice cream IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DaisyDuke

If you're going to be donating to friends or family, you could always ask them to hold on to some tubs for you - shouldn't be too much of a problem if they're icecream fiends. Other than that, you can get plastic fridge/freezer tubs in the supermarket now. They're pretty robust and reusable. Saw them last week in with all the tinfoil and clingwrap.

Advertisement