Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF XII stuff.

Options
  • 03-09-2005 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Quite a few FF XII videos over here. One shows a bit how battles are going to look. I'm a little less apprehensive about the fighting now.

The full trailer is there too if you have broadband or patience.

Release date of March 2006, for Japan. Fantastic.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can see what you mean about the battle system. It looks very like an mmorpg battle system which imo are terrible (the battle system not the game). However the dodgy battle system in Vagrant Story never stopped me enjoying the game. Actually thinking of it now it is kind of like Vagrant Story battle system. I just hope it has a bit of depth to it.

The looks very pretty though but I wouldn't expect less from Sqaure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

No release dates here, no? Probably won't be released til late 2006-2007...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

kawaii wrote:
    No release dates here, no? Probably won't be released til late 2006-2007...

It's set for March 2006 in Japan, then it has to find its way to the States and then us. Late 2006 or maybe even 2007.

Bah...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

grimloch wrote:
    It's set for March 2006 in Japan, then it has to find its way to the States and then us. Late 2006 or maybe even 2007.

I just hope they don't give us the cold shoulder. The success of the Final Fantasy collections on the PS1 should mean that Square think that even if it arrives late it will make good business. However knowing Square's attitude to Europe and the fact that they don't even bother doing PAL conversions I wouldn't put it past them to not bother with a European release.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I just hope they don't give us the cold shoulder. The success of the Final Fantasy collections on the PS1 should mean that Square think that even if it arrives late it will make good business. However knowing Square's attitude to Europe and the fact that they don't even bother doing PAL conversions I wouldn't put it past them to not bother with a European release.

They'll have a very cranky grimloch knocking on their doors if they don't I can tell you that.

I've been looking forward to this too long for them not to bother.

Well I'll be getting my copy from America. No dirty black borders or slow horrible looking 50Hz for me. Love the way we wait 6 months for a Square-enix release and we get the same game that the americans got except with a so called PAL conversion that took all of 1 day to do. They just slow the games down to 50fps and then add the borders. It's enough to make me try bloody tears of frustration.

Ah those black border lines, how I hate thee.

I was unaware that the games were supplemented with black lines for the european audience. What a joke.

Waiting for the the european release could take us well into 2006 or 2007 now that I properly think of it.

Hmmm, 6 months earlier, no fecking black lines, faster frames...I wonder whatever will I go for...

I likes the neo-medievil look :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

2006-2007!!! your kidding me! Won't it then it will come around the time of the PSIII?

• Advertisement

more than likely it will reach theses shores after the PS3 launch ir if we are lucky, just before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

um, was that what a fight is going to be like in XII?! Not even going into a batte screen but some MMORPG ****? really? change the game that much? i doubt i would buy that, what would the bosses be like etc. with that style fighting? ugh...

Advertisement