Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing European UMD movies on American PSP

• 03-09-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

right, so I bought my PSP from an American site a few months ago but an obvious problem arises in that I can't play Region 2 movies on it.
    does anyone know of any hack/software that can be downloaded that bypasses this problem?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Im in the same boat and it doesnt look like its gonna be cracked for a long time as it seems to be a hardware thing and not the firmware. As ppl with US psp's had the japanese 2.0 firmware on their psp's and they couldnt play japanese umd movies. Only loss is you can't rent movies out from xtravision but its cheaper to buy movies from the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.pspupdates.com/2005/09/wab-version-changer-v25-for-psp.html

"New Hack Added Umd Viveo Fixer For Psp 1.50 Only Work with Umd Audio too i think tested with Success on psp 1.50 JAP With a umd Movie EUR :=)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

some movie umds require 1.52 so the program just lets u play them on 1.50 plus japanese umd movies are the same region as european umd movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

some movie umds require 1.52 so the program just lets u play them on 1.50 plus japanese umd movies are the same region as european umd movies.
    and thats the reason i got a jap psp :D

Advertisement