Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Picking Law Subjects...

Options
  • 03-09-2005 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im in 3rd year B + L and I now have to pick my law subjects for the year. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and have any pointers as to which ones I should pick

You must pick 3 from

Intellectual Property Law
    International Business
    Land Law
    Commercial Law
    Corporate Finance Law
    Employment Law

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Are you hoping to do the BL in Kings Inns or the FE1s after, or neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

FE1's hopefully. That just reminded me that I need to do land law then dont I as a core examinable subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Have to do land.

Thought employment law was an easy 65, you'd have same lecturer.

International Business is meant to be easy (according to Alex and co) and IP a bit of a nightmare exam wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hey, Everybody!

Sangre's Back!!!! W00t W00t W00t

Sangre wrote:
    Have to do land.

Thought employment law was an easy 65, you'd have same lecturer.

International Business is meant to be easy (according to Alex and co) and IP a bit of a nightmare exam wise.

cheers sangre.
    think ill go for the triple header of corporate finance, land and int'l business. would like to do IP but im too lazy if it is a hard exam subject...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

i heard there is a 2000 grand prize for coming top of corp finance law so could be pretty sweet if you got it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dooid

Any advice for a first year Law student, allbeit a mature one? Any books on the list not worth buying etc.. Oh and I'm in the market for second hand books if any of you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Very jet lagged at the moment but don't bother with legal systems books! Never used contract either.... might explain more later if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dooid

cool, any advice would be appreciated. Been round the uni block a few times now so I know to treat the book list with some suspicion ;) lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

being honest with you i dont think any of the first year law books were necessary. Albeit i only studied tort, contract and constitutional i found if you get a decent set of lecture notes (take em yourself or find someone who does) there is more then enough in them for a first. One of our lecturers actaully told us as much at our final lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

So none of the legal systems books are worth getting?

Intellectual Property Law
    International Business
    Land Law
    Commercial Law
    Corporate Finance Law
    Employment Law

Out of them I'd take Land law for starters and depending on what area of practice takes your interest go from there. Don't just pick the ones you think will be easy, pick the ones that interest you that way you'll probably do better in them. I'd take corporate finance and international business.

Any chance somone could post the reading list here, I'd like to compare it to my own.

yea,im doing land law,int'l business and commercial law. so far so good

Advertisement