Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am I entitled to a replacment car?

Options
  • 03-09-2005 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

OK heres the vitals:
    Insurer: Quinn-Direct
    Type of Cover: Fully Comp

My situation: My friend was driving my car (insured to drive other cars TP with Hibernian) and crashed. Now we're friends and its currently in the garage being fixed and he is paying for it (Obviously)

Now I *really* need a car for college, etc and I tried getting through to Quinn Direct to see if I can get a replacment car but I could only get through to the emergency helpline as its after 4pm on a Saturday. No one can give me a lend of their car for the week as there are none to spare.

Basicly, does anyone know, or from experience know, with Quinn Direct fully comp policy, would I be entitled to a replacment car?

-Edit- I have read the policy schedule a few times over, tried ringing Hibernian (last resort) and Quinn direct but they dont know as I cant get through to their direct offices

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Wandering Dazed

I don't think Quinn provide that facility on their policies.. but could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Have you told Quinn about the accident? They will certainly question why you will need to hire a car and you will to consider any premium implications of the incident.

If you are keeping clear of reporting the incident to your insurer, I suggest you ask your friend to pay (or his insurance co.) for the car hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What Brian said.

Asking your insurance company for a rental will only get them asking alot of questions as to why. Unless you are making a claim off your own insurance then Quinn Direct will probably tell you that your friend's insurance company should be providing a rental unless you are offically making a claim off your own policy.

Advertisement