Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switches?

Options
  • 03-09-2005 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good switch for me?

I've just bought a mac mini and want to share my pc monitor and wireless keyboard (usb) with it. My broadband is connected via ethernet.

Any help much appreciated!

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You're thinking of a KVM switch i think. Not really a networking/comms issue at all.
    Unless you're talking about getting them to talk to each other via ethernet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

KVM switchboxes can be surprisingly expensive - you might be better off setting up some sort of remote desktop control on one of the machines.

Regarding network switches - if you're not going to be doing much transferring of files through the network (probably not if it's a small home network) then you might as well just go for the cheapest one you find.

Advertisement