Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MobileGroupTable 2.0!!

• 03-09-2005 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I've been working on the MobileGroupTable app for the last few weeks and I've come up with the second version.

This is a pretty big update, and a big departure from the previous version.
    Now instead of home win/away win/draw you can enter the scores in the games. Also, results between teams and goal difference are now taken into account when calculating the table.

It's a much bigger file, so it does take a little longer to download onto a phone than the last version. If you have a connection between your PC and phone, I'd advise downloading it onto the PC and sending it across, much quicker.

When you install it, the first time it runs, it connects to my website and retrieves the fixtures and results, then stores them on the phone. This can be a bit tricky, as it can involve changing some of the settings on your phone (at least it did on my 7650 - if you have any problems let me know and I'll help out any way I can). If you're happy with the old version of MobileGroupTable then by all means stick with it, but I won't be updating it, if there's any Java coders in the audience, and you're willing to update it whenever there's a game, let me know and I'll supply the source code.

There's a new option in the menu to update fixtures, whenever there's a game, I'll update my website and you can use this option to download the latest results to your phone. You can also enter the results yourself if you like and save them to your phone.

The beauty of this is that there's no need to issue a new version of the app everytime there's a game played. Also, in the next qualifying series, I'll just have to update the website, you can download the updated fixtures and the app takes care of the rest.

Also, it should work for things like the Heineken Cup, 6 nations, etc. I'm working on a version for the Champion's League, which will also work for the World Cup/European Championship/etc (well that's the theory, knowing my code it's just as likely to arm warheads in some eastern dictatorship )

I've updated my sig with the new page for the app (getjar insist on different pages for different versions) here it is, including instructions - http://www.getjar.com/products/2579/MobileGroupTable

The wap site appears to down at the moment, but you can still download the file from the website onto your computer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

fair play to you bud. its a quality app

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

My apologies to anyone who's already installed this, I made a small mistake with the fixtures, I've the Swiss - Faroes game down as 0-0 in the fixtures, rather than the 6-0 thumping that actually happened, so the table is not appearing correctly. I've updated the results, so you can either use the update option from the menu, or go back through all the fixtures to that one (it's the very first one!) and change the result, then save the fixtures from the menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

tet, i'm gonna stick it on my 6630, how soon do you update the results after the game, will i be able to show it off in the pub after the french game ;);)

VinnyL wrote:
    tet, i'm gonna stick it on my 6630, how soon do you update the results after the game, will i be able to show it off in the pub after the french game ;);)
    Probably the next morning, depends on how sick I am! There's an option to save the result in it now, so you could just enter the result and save it to your phone, the web update is handy for people who've just installed the app, or have saved a mess of results to see the table, and want to revert back to a "clean" install.

yea it looks nice on my 6630, but you cant see the points on the table its too far to the right of the screen!

• Advertisement

Can't you scroll over?

no it wont let me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

VinnyL wrote:
    no it wont let me!

Same with my 6610i :confused:

B.

All fixed, new version (2.0.1) uploaded to getjar.com, now you can scroll left and right on the group page using 4 and 6 on your keypad, or the touchpad (if your phone has one)
    Also the most recent results are added.

As an aside if there's any Scots/Welsh/English users on the board intersted in a version for their groups, let me know and I'll put one together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Anyone know the criteria for teams on same points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Brian017 wrote:
    Anyone know the criteria for teams on same points?
    From this morning's Independent:
    [font=Verdana, Arial] AMAZING as it seems after Wednesday's defeat by France in Lansdowne Road, Ireland can still win Group Four and qualify automatically for next summer's World Cup Finals. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] However, we must beat Cyprus (away) on October 8 and Switzerland (home) on October 12 to keep our World Cup hopes alive. Draws are no longer any good at this stage. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] Two wins from our final two games will leave us on 19 points and the following factors then come into play. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] If France win their final two games against Switzerland (away) on October 8 and Cyprus (home) on October 12 they will finish on 22 points, win the group and qualify automatically for Germany. Ireland will finish second and go into the play-offs. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] If France draw with Switzerland and beat Cyprus they will finish on 20 points and will win the group. Ireland will finish second. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] If France lose to Switzerland and beat Cyprus they will finish on 19 points as will Switzerland and Ireland and FIFA's regulations come into play. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] The first method of division is the greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] With a draw and a win each team would be on four points so it would be impossible to divide them on this basis. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] The next criteria is goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned. At present this is France (+1), Switzerland (0) and Ireland (-1). Ireland would have to beat Switzerland by two goals more than the Swiss beat France to win the group and qualify automatically. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] If the sides have the same goal difference then the greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the teams will be used to divide them. At present this reads France (1), Switzerland (1), Ireland (1). Ireland would have to beat Switzerland by two goals more than the Swiss score against France which is also what they would need to qualify through goal difference. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] If the Swiss beat France 1-0 and Ireland win 1-0 in Dublin then France are out and Ireland and Switzerland are level on goals scored (2). However, if it is a high scoring game between Switzerland and France then Ireland could be out if they don't score at least one more goal than the French and would have to settle for a play-off spot if they don't get two more than the Swiss. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] If Ireland and Switzerland cannot be separated at this stage then FIFA will take the goal difference in all group matches and at present this is Switzerland (+11) and Ireland (+6). Ireland will need to beat Cyprus by at least six goals to gain the upper hand here. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] The final criteria is the greater number of goals scored in all the group matches and once again Switzerland hold the upper hand with 16 while Ireland have 11 but if Ireland have got to this stage by hammering Cyprus then they will edge the Swiss here and there will be no need for a play-off at a neutral venue. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial] So, everything is still in the melting pot as far as Group Four is concerned and two wins should be good enough to at least guarantee Ireland a place in the play-offs. [/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Very complicated for me.

Advertisement