Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any dealers open on a sunday?

Options
  • 03-09-2005 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Given thats most people work 9-5 Monday to Friday why do the dealers refuse to open for more than a couple of hours on a saturday and closed all day sunday?

Anyway, does any one know if there are any dealers at all open on a sunday in the leinster area?

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Wouldn't bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I think Liffey Valley Renault are open 7 days. Give them a ring and see.

There are Peugeot, Opel and I think Nissan dealers in the same area, they may also be open 7 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

jwt wrote:
    Given thats most people work 9-5 Monday to Friday why do the dealers refuse to open for more than a couple of hours on a saturday and closed all day sunday?
    Because dealers are arseholes. The only oddity is that their almost universal overbearing greed doesn't lead them to open 24 hours a day.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

dahamsta wrote:
    Because dealers are arseholes. The only oddity is that their almost universal overbearing greed doesn't lead them to open 24 hours a day.

adam

People do have to work in dealers you know?

And what's the point in opening constantly if the valeters won't be working constantly so there'll be the whole weekend with no new cars being cleaned which is a waste because all the cars ordered over weekends will have to be cleaned sometime, which'll put pressure on valeters which'll either reduce the standard of cleaning or lose the dealer money due to valeters working over-time or extra staff being hired. And also to open on a sunday would require extra showroom staff to be hired which is a waste of money IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Merlin Motor City opens 7 days a week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All garages sales and parts dept should be open throughout the weekend with a day off on Monday.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Merlin Motor City opens 7 days a week

Is that a blatent plug per chance? ;)

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Squirrel wrote:
    People do have to work in dealers you know?
    I don't know what that means. The valet defense is, no offense, pathetic. And if other businesses can take on extra staff to serve their customers, why can't car dealers? (I've already answered that question, begins with a, ends in s.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

I don't get the valet defense at all. The rest of the retail world is able to operate over weekends and compensate for the products sold.

On a saturday and sunday i can buy food, clothes, computers, tvs, building supplies, kitchens, carpets, tyres, exhausts. Why not a car?

If i walk in on a sunday and see a car I like, I do a deal, either on the spot or or within the next few days. Either way I am not expecting to get the keys there and then.

But if I can't see, touch and feel the car on a weekend, I have to take time off during the week just to checkout a car i might not end up buying.

On a Sunday I could hit 4 or 5 dealers, go home make a decision and then do business over the phone or call back in as needs be the next weekend.

As Adam pointed out, seeing as they are such money grabbing gits, I'm suprised they don't open.

BTW what the hell makes a PDI so expensive. Imagine Tesco showing a list price for an apple as 30c and adding another 2c to the price at the till for making sure the apple was umblemished. And charging you the costs of having it delivered to the store. I have yet to see a list price that really was the list price.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

jwt wrote:
    I don't get the valet defense at all.

It doesn't make much sense, kinda one of things that needs to be said so I'll drop it, I was having this very argument a few days ago with my brother looking for a car
    jwt wrote:
    BTW what the hell makes a PDI so expensive. Imagine Tesco showing a list price for an apple as 30c and adding another 2c to the price at the till for making sure the apple was umblemished. And charging you the costs of having it delivered to the store. I have yet to see a list price that really was the list price.

John

Some companies have the on the road (O.T.R) price, I assumed that had all the extra costs included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

mike65 No No It wasn't I dont work there

Advertisement