Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic Man Utd vs. Liverpool starting on TG4 now

• 03-09-2005 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Just starting now....I can't remember exactly what year it was, but it was Cantona's first game back after his ban for his *scuffle* with a fan at Selhurst Park. I seem to remember it being a bit of a cracking game, if anyone is interested in tuning in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Was at this game. 2-2 and Cantona gets the equaliser from the spot and twirls round the stanchion behind the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the best liverpool man utd game ever waqs the 3-3 thriller at anfield tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

watched this last night, Roy Keane was immense. I cant understand how Liverpool didnt get relegated with some of the clowns in their team at this time.

John Scales, Steve Harkness, Phil Babb.....

great game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah the Liverpool side was so so so bad, yet they still had extremely long periods of possession.. To be honest, was a ****e game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

evad_lhorg wrote:
    the best liverpool man utd game ever waqs the 3-3 thriller at anfield tbh.

Yeah i remember that one,was quite a game alright ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I caught the second half, thought Keane was sloppy enough with his passing. Cantona was in great form considering he was just back from a lengthy time on the sidelines. It's amazing how young they all looked, how time flies! Also, the game seemed to be played at a slower pace, or the players seemed less fit/athletically built, perhaps it was just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

To be honest I did not think Keane played that well at all. Fowler was amazing, such a player and he was only 20 back then should have been in his prime in the last couple of years but unfortunetly did not work out that way. His two goals in that game where brillant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Its good looking back at these games, especially when they show the bulk of the 90 mins in full. I didnt see the game in 1996. It was a good game, and the Fowler goals were exceptional. He was a real hot talent then and Liverpool were fortunate to have him. Liverpool were a team that could have done really well, but they were just trying to do too much in terms of formation (3-5-2) and lacked quality players in all positions. Ruddock, Scales, Babb ... none of them world-class CB's. Having all 3 on the pitch at the same time was courting disaster. McAteer, not a full-back. Rush, probably past his best. Thomas, just an average player, as was Harkness. MacManaman was good but needed others to do the defending for him. Barnes was good (injured for this match) but his injuries were slowing him up. Redknapp was good. David James, well documented that he leaked too many goals through his own blatant errors.

Liverpool had the makings of a good team but were shy of a better formation and a few good players. These were the "Spice Boys" and nearly won the FA Cup against Man U, they deserved it on the day, but somehow all watched a Cantona goal sail right through them.

For a Liverpool fan, these were agonising times.

Man U on the other hand had a more stable 4-4-2 with the back 5 picking itself, Schmiechal, Irwin, Pallister, Bruce, Neville, Roy in midfield, Giggs and Beckham out wide, Cole, and the ellusive Cantona, sort of drifting off Cole, yet wide at times. Between Cantona's creativity and Schmiechal's goal blocking capability, this team got the results in. Even in this 2-2 match, Liverpool had the capability of beating Man U at Old Trafford, but ended up with just 1 pt.

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Liverpool deserved the win to be honest. Fowler was man of fthe match. Pity Greg Louganis, sorry Ryan Giggs, ruined the day near the end. Watched that game in Tenerife and got lampy afterwards :)

Advertisement